Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skicover.com - Why so cheap?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am I missing something? Getting quotes for this years single trip cover, skicover are so much cheaper that MPI, Snowcard and Insure&Go. Is there a catch? Really just need something that covers basic off piste without a guide, so free HSBC travel insurance is no good Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just taken an annual multi trip policy inc USA and Canada with 21 days ski cover for £65 the cover is not as good as MPI eg £400 for skis rather than £950 but it covers what I need and nearly £100 cheaper than MPI.

I guess if you have a claim every week that you are away, they will know how many days you have been away but if I have no claims and pay for a lift pass with cash, how will they know how many days you have been skiing that year?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tangowaggon, you need to prove to your insurance company that your claim is valid. They can ask any reasonable questions on their claims form and for documents to support your claim which I guess could include relevant travel docs such as tickets or visas.

If a condition of the policy is time limited then they may take more interest in this particular area. A big risk to take in North America if your claim is denied.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tangowaggon When I made a claim on an annual policy (I&G) they wanted proof of my booked travel dates for the trip I was claiming for. No idea how they would know about multiple ski trips unless I tried to claim on more than 1 or to cancel too many future ones.

@Posidrive I'm considering their annual policy only question I want to ask is about ski/boarder cross which seems to be excluded while rails and jumps are covered.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have just purchased the annual policy from skicover. Their definition of boarder cross is competing or competition training. Better cover than I&G and cheaper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gilberts Fridge wrote:
@tangowaggon, you need to prove to your insurance company that your claim is valid. They can ask any reasonable questions on their claims form and for documents to support your claim which I guess could include relevant travel docs such as tickets or visas.

Travel dates are irrelevant. I emailed skicover a while back and asked them what counts as a 'wintersports day' and the response was:

"With regards to your question, the max ski days relates to the maximum number of days you can ski during the period of cover. So for instance a week long trip to the Alps will normally include 2 days travelling and a maximum of six days on the slopes. We don't count travel days so only the six days skiing is deducted from the total. In the same way if you took a day off during the holiday we would only count 5 days on the slopes."

That was part of the reason I went with them over some alternatives.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swiftoid, Understood, but I did say could include, they may ask other questions or for other documents to support your claim. Remember you must support your claim, simply by making a claim does not mean it will be accepted by the insurance company. The insurance company is duty bound, amongst other things, to ensure your claim is covered by the policy wording in place. You agree and are bound, to abide by the terms of the policy that you have bought.

If you had a small claim I doubt they would warrant any real investigation in to the claim, if you had a large medical claim or a large third party claim from another person, you may find that you are passed to an independent adjuster or in the case of a large third party claim, a lawyer. Whilst most of us will not need more than 21 days winter sports cover, I would not like to rely on the insurance company not asking too many questions if I needed to claim on such a policy over the 21 days.

I fell foul of a max trip limit of 30 days last year as my family had to extend their stay at the in-laws. Our insurer's at the time would not extend our cover over 30 days, so I had to find another company, who would commence cover with the family overseas. I now have a policy with 60 day trip cover from another company.

I am not trying to preach to anyone, just my views on whether it is worth the hassle or not and to highlight that its not a simple mater of they will never know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gilberts Fridge, I was just pointing out that, with skicover, number of days away on a wintersports holiday doesn't equate to the number of days deducted from your wintersports allowance like it does with some companies. I also contacted them about the fact I was going to ski 30+ days during the period of my policy and asked their advice about what I should do. They said I could pay for extra days but it'd actually be cheaper to buy another policy once I'd used up my allowance. This is what I did because I'd rather not cheat anybody but I do wonder how, should I be less honest, any investigation could show I'd skied more days than I was allowed to if I'd paid for my lift pass with cash on arrival?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No idea if any travel insurers are doing this but it is probably only a matter of time before they get to it. Many motor insurance companies now use technology that analyses you voice while you are speaking to them on the phone about your claim. This might not be when the claim is first filed, especially if you do it on line, but could be later when they call to "clarify" a point or two. The claims handlers get the results on screen while they are talking to you and if the equipment flags you as suspicious the matter gets referred to the fraud department which will investigate further. If you are trying it on, the best outcome at that stage is that you will be allowed to quietly drop your claim. However, if it involves a lot of money, serious injury or death then the police can become involved. There have been cases in the past few years where prison sentences of 10 years have been given. Okay, that was for members of an organised gang of out and out criminals but it remains a fact that deliberate misrepresentation either when initially buying a policy or when making a claim (and that can include simply inflating the value of the claim) is a criminal act. Surely it's best just to be honest in the first place rather than risk a criminal record.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy