Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Route back to Arc 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to Arc 2000 on the 16th Jan and really excited about the recent snowfalls, my question is about the route back over into Arc 2000 from 1800, we used to get back from the top of Derby chair and jump onto the Grand Renard 3 man chair beside Transarc midstation. I know the Grand Renard chair is gone, never really enjoyed using it as you had to be quick getting of at the top, but better option than queuing for transarc, so what are the options instead of using Transarc 1 - 2. Had a look at the new Carreley chair on the piste map, could I get of that and ski down to Arpette, I may have answered my own question here, but it may help others as well to the get the right answer.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Carreley chair allows you to ski directly to Arc 2000. No need for any other lift.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers rob@rar, you are always a mine of information on here.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@willie5094, albeit for a direct route, you'll have to go across the relatively flat "Plan" and get a bit of speed up at the end to cross under the bottom of Arcabulle to the Chalets de L'Arc intersection.
May be more fun to go down from Carreley to Marmottes and up once?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having also used the old route to miss Trans-Arc, where's the new chair go from and to?

EDIT - of course I could look at Piste map wink Just above Vagre I see

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 6-01-16 15:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Boris, the top station of the new chair finishes on the ridge, just along the piste from the Arpette chair.

It starts above Arc 1800, near the new swimming pool on what used to be the Chantelle nursery slope.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks @rob@rar,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arctic Roll wrote:
@willie5094, albeit for a direct route, you'll have to go across the relatively flat "Plan" and get a bit of speed up at the end to cross under the bottom of Arcabulle to the Chalets de L'Arc intersection.
May be more fun to go down from Carreley to Marmottes and up once?

Everytime. The 'Lac' run and 1/2 pipe is not to be missed. The run to 2000 from Carrely is actually very dull and on a board way too flat. Even on skis you will do well to get across Arcabulle to the drag as it gets so busy speed can be an issue.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Totally agree thefatcontroller, the run over to the rope tow past Arcabulle lift is a nightmare, my preference would be down to Marmottes then up one and ski across to Arc 2000, cheers the noo.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@willie5094, The new lift also adds the lovely option of a great blast from the top of Bois to the bottom of Carrely and then back up, missing the amazing dismount of Arpette (try that on a board Skullie Skullie ) and the horrible flat section at the top. Over on Saturday, forecast looks great so can't wait to see the new lift in action.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arctic Roll wrote:
..., you'll have to go across the relatively flat "Plan" and get a bit of speed up at the end to cross under the bottom of Arcabulle to the Chalets de L'Arc intersection.
That's a very good point, although I normally head across Plan because there's always so much fun to be had watching boarders being so unhappy.

Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Arctic Roll wrote:
..., you'll have to go across the relatively flat "Plan" and get a bit of speed up at the end to cross under the bottom of Arcabulle to the Chalets de L'Arc intersection.
That's a very good point, although I normally head across Plan because there's always so much fun to be had watching boarders being so unhappy.

Toofy Grin

Mad Mad Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy