Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I have lost my ski hire details - please help

Poster: A snowHead
I am a fool!

I booked ski hire on the web on 5th December for the 4 of us. I have not a clue who with, I did not print it, I can not locate through emails or computer history and I do not know how to locate. On my card statement it says location-ski Paris FRA 05 Dec and the transaction came out on the 8th. My junk and deleted emails do not go back that far which is where I guess the confirmation went. Any suggestions?

Resort is Les Gets and we go tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually just laughed out loud at reading this! snowHead

Hopefully someone will be along soon who could possibly help you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will laugh with you once I find it Happy I am currently looking at every ski hire site known to man to try and remember who it was. I do not think I booked direct with a named shop, so I do not think the site will be the name of the shop we have to go to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NIKKIWHITE, as you admitted your foolishness in advance...

I found that I'd lost an email yesterday which had some reasonably important and ski related info on it. Not the end of the world but foolish me.

Phone your card provider?

If the "Paris" refers to the company and not just the card issuer, that would suggest it's a chain, although that probably doesn't help much. Intersport?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NIKKIWHITE, have you properly checked your email - Gmail holds binned items for 30 days unless you manually empty them...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Check your junk/spam folders
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The chances are that its either Skiset or Intersport, both of which are franchises. Hopefully you opened an account with whoever it was. In which case, try to log in to each with your email and say you have forgotten your password!! You might then find out who. Good luck!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Junk and deleted are going back less than 2 weeks on outlook. I will call the card company and see. Thank you, Nikki
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NIKKIWHITE, Sounds like the type of thing I would do so commiserations but I cannot help I'm afraid.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NIKKIWHITE, your server will more than likely have all your old emails stored somewhere unless you've deleted the deleted emails.

You might need to access the server through the t'internet as opposed to your phone or software, I know my outlook has back as far as 2010 but if I want to go back further then I can get them too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nfh1958, good idea!

Also skimium and there appear to be some aggregators.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NIKKIWHITE, Why not send an email to all the shops in Les Gets, with your names, what you think you've booked, an ask if they recognise the booking?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NIKKIWHITE wrote:
Junk and deleted are going back less than 2 weeks on outlook. I will call the card company and see. Thank you, Nikki

This might be obvious and you may already have done this, but - are you looking at the emails on your phone? iPhones, for example, keep emails for whatever is applied in your settings, i.e. 2 weeks, whereas they would still be on your outlook account if you looked on a laptop/desktop. If this is the case, you should be able to either change the settings to view emails from further back on your phone, or look at the original confirmation on your laptop.

Apologies if this isn't the case or you've already done this.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NIKKIWHITE,
Quote:

Phone your card provider?

Yes, good advice. They will pribably be able to help. If necessary you may be able to stop payment and then rebook - but that could get messy.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try intersports, they have 2 sites in Les Gets.
snow report
Hopefully the bank will be able to confirm for you. Bit of a long shot, but googling location-ski brought up http://location-ski.sport2000.fr. If you select English, it then changes the website address to http://ski-hire-sport2000.co.uk which may or may not look familiar?
ski holidays
Card company have no details they say its a computer software company and thats all they can say.

Who does everyone book with?
latest report
why not try here: http://en.lesgets.com/les-gets/practical-information/map-of-the-village-and-directory.html - shopping - sports equipment
snow conditions
Did you find the shop through the resort website? If so, retrace your steps and it may jog your memory.
What about looking for you search engine history for 5 Dec - you should be able to find the name of the shop, if not the actual booking number (click on the last web page for the shop - that's probably your booking reference)
snow report
Quote:

googling location-ski

means "ski rental" ? so that's probably all of them

Quote:

Who does everyone book with?

In Les Gets, always used Michaud Sports directly (rather than via skiset). They might even have a website now. They didn't when I used them last.
Elsewhere, Alpinresorts or that other one whose name escapes me.
latest report
Chamcham wrote:
@NIKKIWHITE, Why not send an email to all the shops in Les Gets, with your names, what you think you've booked, an ask if they recognise the booking?

I'd do this.
snow report
I was searching snowheads via google for resort transfers, lift passes and ski hire. The link I used was from a post on this site but I read hundreds that morning. I have just searched snowheads for Les Gets and I have click on a lot of links but none are the one. I have emailed 2000 just incase. The site showed me the ski shop after I booked as I remember looking at it on google maps and thinking that just at the bottom of the slopes by the main lift. The shop name may have been 2000 / intersport or similar. It was nothing unusual.

The site I booked with asked me for the hight / weight on the last booking page.

I booked the alpy bus and the airport hotel the same morning which is why I know the dates plus my credit card confirms this.

I will keep looking but this is not looking good. Sad
snow conditions
Is that not Contat Sports, which I think is part of the Sport 2000 set up? They have a shop close to the bottom of the Chavannes, that I've used before.
latest report
@NIKKIWHITE, Have you looked on your google history for that day?
ski holidays
@NIKKIWHITE, This is who I mean - http://www.contat.sport2000.fr/
ski holidays
Lots of shops pretty much right at the bottom of the main chavannes slope.
Michaud, Berthet, Delavay, Contat,... most of which I'd assume are either skiset, intersport or sport2000
ski holidays
If you're looking at your browser history for the 5th, it's a fair bet that the shop you booked with is the last site you visited?
snow conditions
search for the names of the various hire places people have mentioned in your history search.
Maybe think of terms the pages may have had, intermediate, advanced, gold , silver , hire etc.
It'll be lurking somewhere
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NIKKIWHITE, as others have said unless you have deleted your emails and then selected "Permanently Delete" then it is highly likely they are still lurking somewhere. Who is your email provider? Does your provider have a Web Access option?

I use 1and1 for my email as I have my own domains and I can use my phone, Outlook and a web browser via http://exchange.1and1.co.uk to access it.

Even BT have an web portal. I often find myself as an IT HelpDesk for my mother-in-law. She uses BT and her BT Internet account is normally accessed with Outlook using IMAP. However, she can also access it via the BT Webportal and often if she has 'lost' an email she finds it in the web portal.
ski holidays
The statement line for Intersport's web booking is (for example booking in Meribel) "INTERSPORT 73MERIBEL LES FR" so you can eliminate that at least
ski holidays
Sport 2000 came out on my statement as RENT A SPORT, booked online too
snow conditions
"If you're looking at your browser history for the 5th, it's a fair bet that the shop you booked with is the last site you visited?"

5th December, not January...
ski holidays
Try looking at skimium as they are a brand of decathlon which I thought could be Paris head officed and with three agents in Les Gets.
snow report
@NIKKIWHITE, did you click through on one of the links here when you hired?
If so, I may be able to help.
ski holidays
I wouldn't be emailing them if I'm leaving tomorrow. I'd be calling them all up to confirm your reservation... until you receive the confirmation...
snow report
Just back in from work. Will start to look at options. I use Chrome. I have been deleting history because I have been looking for USA flights and was advised to keep deleting as the cmpanies know its you returning. My email is with outlook. I comes direct to my phone (i phone 4) but unless I flag they go after 1 week.

Sports 2000 looks from memory to be the place but looking at their site I did not book directly.
snow conditions
NIKKIWHITE wrote:
Just back in from work. Will start to look at options. I use Chrome. I have been deleting history because I have been looking for USA flights and was advised to keep deleting as the cmpanies know its you returning. My email is with outlook. I comes direct to my phone (i phone 4) but unless I flag they go after 1 week.

Sports 2000 looks from memory to be the place but looking at their site I did not book directly.

Have you looked at your email account on a laptop?
ski holidays
@NIKKIWHITE, would your email providers have a helpdesk that you can contact?

Have you tried logging in to your account via the email provider rather than through outlook?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 6-01-16 15:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I'VE FOUND IT!!!!!!!

I googled how to trace deleted history on chrome which advised I added a better history extension to Chrome. That enabled showed me on the 5th I downloaded a PDF of the ski voucher.

This was the company used... http://www.best-price-ski-rental.com/catalog/FR/FR-GET/2016-01-09/4/748422

Never again! I though I was toast!

Thank you so much for all your help. Amazing, good humored members as usual. Thank you again.
Nikki Very Happy
latest report
Smile Smile Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy