Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All packed up but where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are keen off piste skiers, desperately watching from home for some good snow conditions off piste ... we're all packed up and ready to go but it's really really difficult to understand what's going on .. chats with a few guides suggest that conditions are still not that good off piste and the forecast for warm weather after a reasonable dump on a dodgy base suggest a risky situation. So should be go or should we stay? And if we go where to? We are lucky enough to be able to be flexible and will stay out for a few weeks once we travel - probably home to miss the busy HT period. I've read some of the snow reports on the forum (thanks!) and still uncertain ... any views, especially from those of you who are actually out in the Alps?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even in a good year early January is rarely ideal for off piste and this isn't a good year. Not in Europe at any rate.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tolly, I'm also in the UK and ready to pounce when the alps are showing good conditions (cold / deep powder). I'm waiting until February and March. I'm also going ski touring in early April but not necessarily looking for powder on that trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, - I agree though we have had some fabulous times in Jan and if you do get it right, there's no-one around ... bliss. Looks as if we are going to stay put for another week or so!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tolly, reading the reports from Les Arcs sounds pretty damn good there at the moment and with more to come.

Here in Serre we need a good 100cm (though another 50cm will be ok) that said I saw the UCPA Off Piste course(s) today going for it, think they'll be a fair few sets of skis being repaired tonight!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tolly, was in Verbier yesterday and conditions are good. Expecting more snow & lower temps this week. Easy to get to from GVA too
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was going to say - just look at the Verbier pics!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pam w,
TBH I can't think of a single January in 20 years that I haven't enjoyed some off piste skiing in Europe. I'm not saying its optimal timing but the quietness means you can always find some.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jedster wrote:
@pam w,
TBH I can't think of a single January in 20 years that I haven't enjoyed some off piste skiing in Europe. I'm not saying its optimal timing but the quietness means you can always find some.

LOL
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jedster wrote:
@pam w,

LOL
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Even in a good year early January is rarely ideal for off piste and this isn't a good year. Not in Europe at any rate.
That hasn't been my experience until this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy