Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania v Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Looking at booking a last minute catered chalet holiday to either La Tania or Les Menuires. We like to have a few pints after we come off the slopes between 4 & 7 ish. Any views on which resort would suit us better please?

Thanks

Ian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La tania.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep....nice bar at bottom of Folyeres as you enter the village. Also even nicer one next to Chalet Brigitte over the road....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Out of those two La Tania wins every day. Les Menuires is a national disgrace.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Guys,

La Tania it is then. Got to find a chalet now!

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@uncleinan, not sure when you're going but we stayed in this chalet in La Tania last year and had a great time

http://skilatania.homestead.com/koala.html

I have no connection to the owner but it is a great chalet with an outdoor hot tub - we took the whole place on a self catered basis for New Years 2014/15.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow retreat are also on La Tania, stayed there last year and had a great experience. They have about 5 chalets I think....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for La Tania
Had a great week there last year, stayed at Chalet Chocolat and couldn't fault it. At least 3 decent apres bars with alternating live music either apres or later on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are in chalet chocolat at the moment, great hosts, lovely chalet, close to lifts
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
These guys have 3 chalets just up from the main Apres bar, the ski lodge, and one near the other
Excellent friendly welcome, owner run business. Can sort your transfers too.

Www.skihame.co.uk

Been with them a bunch of times and always had a good trip
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for La Tania. And the bands that play there are pretty good especially Bring Your Sisters.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do silverski still do la tania ? always good value
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Interesting to see everyone lining up behind la Tania and three decent apres bars sounds good. So can anyone explain how come I got an email recently from the Les menuires website telling me they had just been awarded best family resort by telegraph readers Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Tania doesn't pay for its marketing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would not say la tania is for families ! .. i've been there twice on adult trips without my kids and found it quite small with one really good restaurant and a couple of bars at the base... also not a 18-30 resort !! but each to his own
snow conditions
yorkshirelad wrote:
I would not say la tania is for families ! .. i've been there twice on adult trips without my kids and found it quite small with one really good restaurant and a couple of bars at the base... also not a 18-30 resort !! but each to his own

Well my family loves it there, resort doesn't have to be big with young kids, and I much prefer a traffic free resort centre. To shore up Les Menuires side it may have better late season skiing being higher altitude with the La Masse area, and VT nearby.
snow report
I would imagine that LM wins for families simply because of the vast amount of cheap apartment blocks and outdoor seating areas for restaurants. It also has a large nursery slope area, easy progression, it's relatively sheltered and sunny all season. Add in Club Med and that most of it is ski in/out and sensibly priced, it's a no-brainer for most people.

LT is also generally considered a family friendly resort but it doesn't have anything like the same scale of facilities as LM.
snow conditions
Stay in Reberty.

Ski la masse

Eat in La Ferme.

Good holiday will be had.

Works for me anyway.
latest report
Yes, Les Menuires does have a pretty good selection of shops. Has the "Where to Ski and Snowboard" book stopped droning on about the "gloomy indoor shopping malls" yet? No ... i thought not, they pretty much just reprint last years edition. Nice job if you can get away with it! wink
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Stay in Reberty.

Ski la masse

Eat in La Ferme.

Good holiday will be had.

Works for me anyway.

Reberty Villages - Worked for us as well. Fabulous place to stay. Lots of great places to stay up near La Ferme...which is also a decent bar. It is a nice warm-up ski down to the La Masse gondola, or the Bruyeres gondola, or the Sunny Express chair. Truly ski in/out
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, yes quite a few Silverski chalets in La Tania. Stayed in one Christmas 2014. Excellent food, rooms v small but very good value.

And whilst I now prefer La Tania we had one of the best family ski trips ever when we stayed in Reberty in a piste side chalet with Ski Olympic. La Ferme was a good place to eat and what was great for all the kids was that the chalet had a garden between the piste and the chalet so the kids could play in the snow but off the piste so it was safe especially for the little ones. And we could see them even when inside knocking back beers etc.Perfect.
ski holidays
Thanks guys,

Got a very reasonable quote from Ski Magic in La Tania. Has anyone had any experience of them?
snow report
Courchevel 1850.
snow conditions
@uncleinan, staying with them now, very happy with chalet chocolat and the hosts, will be booking again for next season if it's the same hosts, they are an older couple who are also chalet manager and resort manager so they know what they are doing
snow conditions
ww.latania.co.uk will give you lots of info
skiamis got nice selection of chalets in LT
ski holidays
@uncleinan, yes Shocked
snow report
Have been to La Tania many times and really enjoy it every visit. Stayed for 3 days in Les Menuires just before Christmas and was very impressed. LM scores for wider range of eating places and much wider choice of lower priced accommodation. La Tania scores for the tree line skiing and the folyeres run back to the resort.

Downsides? - LM - architecture is improving, but not as attractive as LT. When skiing in LT you inevitably end up spending some time in Courcheval and the prices over there to stop for a drink/snack can be excessive.

Sure you'll have a great time in either.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy