Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Herman Maier - Autobiography

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seen this, too late for Christmas

herman maier autobiography
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, actually, hibs, you'd read about it last October ... but it had slipped your mind!
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=59571&highlight=hermann+maier+autobiography#59571

It's never too late to buy yourself a Chrissy prezzy!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that's short term-memory for you Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, you sure it's an autobiography... the bloke was a bricklayer!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't you ever played scrabble?

My late German-born grandmother used to call the letters in Scrabble "schtones". "Ach, I hef terrible schtones" was one of her classics!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anyone actually read it? Is it any good?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean, Not yet.

Anyone seen or read Alain Baxter's?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnHill, Just because he laid bricks does not mean he's a thick as one. Anyway this he was a ............. is mostly rubbish anyway (although not in Maier's case) as they're really just professional skiers from about 12 years old. Not all education systems are as bad as the Brit model -most people on the continent actually learn to read and write before they leave primary school.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, you are right, apparently Maier genuinely did nearly slip through the net of the Austrian system, until he foreran the WC at Flachau in Jan 96 and achieved a time that would have put him in the top 10. Allegedly, he was viewed as "difficult to coach" - I heard this from a friend of mine who was on the Austrian team and came up through the Salzburgerland system at the same time as Maier.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski,
Quote:

Just because he laid bricks does not mean he's a thick as one

No, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that could string together 30,000 words in an order entertaining enough to want to read.

Quote:

Not all education systems are as bad as the Brit model -most people on the continent actually learn to read and write before they leave primary school.
That's actually a very uneducated thing to say.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JohnHill wrote:
No, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that could string together 30,000 words in an order entertaining enough to want to read

I'm reading his autobiography at the moment (although I don't think he wrote much of it himself). It's very entertaining.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JohnHill wrote:
That's actually a very uneducated thing to say.

No its not.IMO its a factual comment on the general state of education in this country(as provided by the State)Sure there are some glowing examples about,but we are talking education for the masses,and it is failing them...badly.
Am I qualified to comment?Well;I have 3 children,and I work at a Public School(though not a teacher)As such,I have an eye in both camps and,I assure you,the differences are glaring Shocked
No,its not about money.How can it be?when the cost of a private education differs little from the 'true' cost of State provision per child.
No,its about values,commitment,vocation,pride,discipline,and a whole host of other assets that seem to be lost to the current generation of school kids?No wonder so many teachers have thrown their hands up in despair...and quit!

Anyway,I digress....sorry Embarassed Not read it yet,but the fact? that its 'ghosted' merely puts it alongside most of the autobiography's ever written wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowskisnow, Not my experience. However, I'm never too impressed when someone who possibly lives permanently outside the UK and possibly pays tax outside the UK, thinks it's OK to slag off the system.

I'll go read 'erman's book innit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy