Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel to La Grave

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what the new emergency road to La Grave is like? or any idea of how likely it is to close? i'm flying to Grenoble on 30th Jan and would normally get the bus to the dam and taxi from there. presumably this would still work if the road is open, but risks getting me stuck at the dam if the road is closed. the other option would be to hire a car which would let me drive round via Gap if the road is closed. any ideas would be gratefully received...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MattCee, There is a thread here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120415#2815345 on the new road. Suggest you ask there and a local snowhead may be able to answer.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MattCee, are you actually staying in LG ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BergenBergen wrote:
@MattCee, There is a thread here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120415#2815345 on the new road. Suggest you ask there and a local snowhead may be able to answer.
was surprised that there seemed not to be one, strange that it's in the 'Piste' section of the forum - thanks i'll check it out..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam wrote:
@MattCee, are you actually staying in LG ?
yep, staying at the Skiers Lodge...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there any decent snow cover at La Grave yet?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MattCee, if you're staying at the Lodge you'll be able to ring them from Grenoble and they will advise you, as you are staying in LG, and have proof then I'm pretty sure road allowing you'll get through.

@pam w, and two different reports today from LG one from a good friend, hubby top guide.
When the lift is closed, a powder run down to the village to get some groceries and a skin back up will do just fine and a picture.

Then an email in today from friends who run the Edelweiss...
Snow snow snow! Around the same amount here, and still snowing. Yesterday the telepherique was open between 3200 and 2400. Still quite a few rocks, but with the next episode of snow -thaw and snow that will be soon covered and resolved.

So maybe it shut today for whatever reason Puzzled

When I was up there on New Years Eve general POV was that they need at least 2ms
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just in from Skiers Lodge via email news letter

Have You Heard !
Yes! The alternative road R.N.91 leading from Grenoble to La Grave is open, although but with limited of traffic! No bigger vehicle then a 9 sitter van can pass the 5 km alternativ road between Lac du Chambon and La Grave. No Camping Cars or Busses are allowed. The new alternativ road will still give us access to the ski terrain of ski resort in Alp d’ Huez ski area (Auris, Vaujany) and to the village of St Christophe.

If traveling by auto route from Geneve to Grenoble, be sure to ignore any GPS directions via the Col du Galibier — this high mountain pass is closed from late November to May. Instead, follow directions to La Grave via Grenoble and contact us about the weather and road condition for R.N. 91 . If closed due to weather . . . we recommend the tunnel du Frejus via La Saint Maurienne if you are driving from UK.

Getting To La Grave: For you that are driving to La Grave and coming straight up from the north (Scandinavia) we suggest to avoid the motorway via Grenoble and drive through the mountain passes Mt Blanc tunnel, or Great St. Bernard Pass towards Turino, Italy. Via Col du Montgenevre, and Col du Lautaret to La Grave! If coming from direction of Germany we recommend: San Bernardino Pass via Switzerland or via Brenner Pass towards Turino, Italy. Via Col du Montgenevre, and Col du Lautaret to La Grave! Please visit www.skierslodge.com for travel Info
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy