Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boot Liner Biting Ankle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last season I purchased a pair of K2 Pinnacle 110s and after wearing them for a few days noticed a biting around my ankles in both boots but didn't think much of it. At first this was just a minor discomfort but by the end of the week my ankle was bruised to the point where I couldn't put any pressure on it and had to take a day off to let the pain subside. For the remaining couple of days I had to fold up a buff and tuck it inside my sock where the pain was the worst.

When I got back I had a look at the boot to see if I could work out why this was happening. I think its to do with the liner construction; around the ankle there are softer materials to allow the liner to flex more easily when walking/touring ("Tour Flex Notch" feature). However between these materials is a section of normal liner which is forced to bend inwards or outwards when walking. Unfortunately in my case it appears to bend inwards and since this material is relatively stiff, over time it has set in a position that digs into my ankle rather than returning to its normal shape.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before and/or has a solution to this other than new liners? I had my boots fitted in Edge and Wax and the fit is snug but that's my personal preference. Any advice would be appreciated!

(I realise I might not have explained this very well, it would be much easier if I could show you the liner! I'll attach a link to a similar liner (I think its from the Pinnacle 130 but it has the same feature) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k2+pinnacle+110&safe=strict&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=635&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl3J_gj5DKAhXFiRoKHbbwCWQQ_AUIBygC#safe=strict&tbm=isch&q=k2+pinnacle+110+liner&imgrc=dYk9pGhehTekRM%3A and you can hopefully see what I'm trying to explain!)

EDIT: The link just takes you to a google search but the first liner in the search is the right one Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@woooodsy, you seem to have bought the Norman Hunter model by accident.

Where did you get your boots from?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha not quite that brutal fortunately! I got them from the Edge and Wax shop in Horsham.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
go back to edge and wax and get them to refit the boots, perhaps remoulding the liners may help, have you got custom footbeds? if not they may change the way your foot sits in the boot and that might help.

Mosha Mark, your're showing your age.....Norman Hunter......bites your legs Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah that was gonna be my next move, I was just curious to see if anyone else had encountered this issue! A few of the reviews I've read since mentioned the boots were biting their ankles a bit but almost added it as an afterthought so it can't have been as bad as I've experienced...

Cheers for the advice guys
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
good luck, nothing worse than Norman Hunter boots!, i'm sure a good boot fitter will cure it for you. Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gazzaredcruiser, I'm a Leeds fan; the names of the greats were learned on me dads knee wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@woooodsy, Edge n Wax are a nice bunch; pop down there and they'll do what they can to sort it out for you
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I live in Glasgow so its a bit far out of the way at the moment! I've heard good things about Blues here so I'll probably head there and see if they can help unless you have any recommendations for better shops nearby?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@gazzaredcruiser, I'm a Leeds fan; the names of the greats were learned on me dads knee.

oh, so you don't like football then wink lol.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy