Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions For This Week? 4th Jan.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snow is falling and we now have a problem...where to go this week in France or Western Italy. La Clusaz was OK yesterday but still needs more snow, thankfully it is forecast. But, with a free week was looking to go where the best snow is outside of 3 Valleys and Espace Killy. Serre Chevalier was on the list, but reading some of the reports on here it seems there is more snow further North, maybe Les Carroz way? Anybody in The Aosta who can give me a nod? Anything would be appreciated to help my indecision! Will leave from Menthon St Bernard tomorrow early so anywhere within a couple of hours of Lake Annecy.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Somewhere at good altitude in Savioe or Haute Savoie i assume
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was thinking of popping in to La Clusaz on Wed afternoon, just to make the most of the day coming up from Geneva - how are pistes / off piste? Next two days could still make a difference

Re the other places there are threads in this forum where you can read / enquire. I was thinking of hitting 3Vs, but am worried about wind - any reason you're avoiding them?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Clusaz will be good later this week as the forecast says a big day today and set to continue. Still not fully open, but enough. Off piste still very rocky, so needs a lot more coverage. Problem is the base is so thin and the danger that new snow won't hold so Avalanche risk increases dramatically. The reason for not going to ES or 3 Valleys is mainly familiarity...wanted something a little different, hence looking at the areas further South, simple as that really.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From what I saw around Avoriaz yesterday, I'd expect that above ~1,400m most places are shaping up and should be fine but off piste is not going to be advisable for a while as the rocks aren't (probably) adequately covered.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Goliard - I feel same as it will be second trip to 3v, but am concerned re rising freezing line that I will need to be high to get the most out of it.

On the other hand I'm concerned that the high winds will whip the snow away and lead to lift closures which will be worse higher up. Decisions, decisions!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for replying...based on known snow conditions we are plumping for Tarentaise. Valmorel tops the list at the moment, they have had a large dump overnight and today with more forecast tonight, with the possibility of sunshine tomorrow afternoon.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avoriaz.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy