Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lift pass options for Ischgl at the end of Jan.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's the chaps' annual ski jaunt on 23rd Jan. This year we are spending a week in Ischgl.

Is the best option to take the full area pass for the week or just a local pass and add on days for a trip to Kappl and Galtur?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.ischgl.com/en/active/ski-winter/prices-operationg-times/skipass-winter/prices-skimagic

Not that much in it really but I've never felt the need to leave Ischgl. Especially on a lads trip wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hedley, Ta. Have that link already but wasn't sure of the best option. Certainly I know one of our party will be advocating a full area pass for the week on the basis that it's easier and saves faffing on top up or extra days but it just seems a waste of money if you don't stray out of the local borders for a few days.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@halfhand, If you're based in Ischgl, then going elsewhere involves catching buses when you could be skiing. If you are based in one of the other villages, then the area pass makes more sense. When we went our group was split between Ischgl and Galtur. Those of us in Ischgl we on the lift at 8.30am, but it was 9.30 or 10am before the others had got the bus up and were able to meet us. They did a day in Galtur which we didn't bother with, plenty to do in Ischgl.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
@halfhand, If you are based in one of the other villages, then the area pass makes more sense. .

Unless things have changed you have to buy the full area pass if you don't have accommodation in Ischgl or Mathon. The restricted area pass is only available to those staying in Ischgl/Mathon and you have to take your accommodation chit with you to buy it.
I like the skiing at Galtur and Kappl but its not for everyone and you have to get the bus to them if you don't have your own transport.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
@halfhand, If you are based in one of the other villages, then the area pass makes more sense. .

Unless things have changed you have to buy the full area pass if you don't have accommodation in Ischgl or Mathon. The restricted area pass is only available to those staying in Ischgl/Mathon and you have to take your accommodation chit with you to buy it.
I like the skiing at Galtur and Kappl but its not for everyone and you have to get the bus to them if you don't have your own transport.

If the snow remains poor Kappl can suffer with its south facing slopes but Galtur usually has excellent snow on its north facing slopes but it can be cold.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@T Bar, That sounds right, it made sense for the others to go to Galtur as they had a pass, but we would've had to buy day passes and sit on a bus, so didn't bother.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are based in Ischgl.

@Scarlet, Thanks, that's what I wasn't sure about. I guess the restricted area pass allows us to get over to Samnaun and we can jump the bus and buy a local pass for a day in Galtur and/or Kappl if necessary?

@T Bar, Looks like snow conditions may be improving Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@halfhand, Yes, Samnaun is lift linked and the pass covers all the linked area (or it did when I went...). The local pass will be more than the €10 upgrade (4+2) fee though, so if you're sure you'll be on the bus, then that is probably the best option for you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet, Ah great thanks for the info, much appreciated. Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We always go with the restricted pass too. We've talked about a 'day out' to Kappl/Galtur but never actually made it Smile

I forget the details but if your accomodation's in Ischgl you can get either a discount or maybe it's the restricted pass but need a note from your accomodation to confirm you're staying there. Or you just buy it through the rep. on your transfer coach for the same price and they sort it all out/passes appear at your hotel reception later that evening.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's worth mentioning that if you're DIY and have booked into a hotel independently, some hotel receptions can issue lift passes themselves and will happily sell you one.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the tips. DIY trip and booked a private transfer and self-catering apartment.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you can get your accommodation provider to buy it this could be useful, we normally stay in Kappl and buy our (full area) passes there but the one time we went to Ischgl to buy the pass the queues were petty bad on Sunday morning .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy