Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Le Lac

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So here we go 2016...
It's been La Rossiere for a few years and it's time to move on.
We are off to Tignes January 15 on the euro star snow train (recommended).
Bus up the mountain from Bourg all sorted.

So what next?
Any recommendations Tignes itself?
Always used catered chalets before but S/C this year so eating out recommendation welcomed.
Have always used ESF for lessons but want to learn to snowboard this time round... anyone recommend a good board school or is ESF still a safe bet in Tignes.
Anyone come across us team or sauna room.

Thanks on advance and stay safe.
Kevin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thoroughly recommend TDC Ski. Used them a few years ago for a carving clinic. They also do boarding. Steve Angus works for them as well but he's based in Val d'Isere Sad

We are in Tignes from 23rd so getting excited. Thought about snow train, but isn't it a hassle to carry luggage and skis across London?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were just there at the Alpaka, catered, and loved it.

I had my kids in TDC, and they loved it, don't know about boarding, but we also met up in Val D'Isere, but they will meet you at the top of the Olympic oversized bubble.

For food, Jam Bar for pasta, and everything freshly made. For lunch, we often ate at the Sherpa grocery store, they have a warm deli. We got their hot panini lunch, for 8 EUR, but we shared with two people, and we were plenty full. Coffee and hot chocolates in their machine were 1 EUR.

We also really like the Pizza and the pizza crepe guy next to the SkiSet by the pallafour lift.

I have kids, so I'm focused on the budget options - - in case you can't tell. Also, lots of heat and serve options in both the Sherpa and Carrefour.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kev293, Have a look at the Tignes thread in the snow reports section. Loads of info there. Plenty of options for snowboard lessons including Alliance, Ultimate, Evolution 2 etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kev293,

ESF snowboard group lessons €153 for 5 days x 3hrs or €165 for 6 days, max group size 8, cheap as chips Very Happy

As @GeorgeVII, says all the other info you need is already on the various Tignes threads.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kev293, "Tignes & Espace Killy useful links " in the snow reports section. Have a read through the relevant pages for this season. Some bars/restaurants have changed their offerings this season so worth checking. Compact list includes the usual suspects:- Loop Bar for lunches and apres. Marmot Arms for huge burgers and beer. (& wifi). The tiny Jam Bar for Rocco's freshly prepared pasta etc and probably the best coffee in Tignes. Alpaka for chilled apres. Embruscade up in the Palafor gallery. Cheapest lunch bar none= Sherpa supermarket. But you need to time your visit to avoid the end of lessons that finish almost outside the front door.

I could go on.............

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 3-01-16 18:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steveee wrote:

We are in Tignes from 23rd so getting excited. Thought about snow train, but isn't it a hassle to carry luggage and skis across London?

Thanks Steveee
I drive down from Birmingham and park at my son's in Luton. Train direct from there the Euro terminal.
Straight into the teminal checked in, bit of time to kill but walked the kit on to the train ourselves and then a real pleasant trip down through France. Buffet car and decent seats...and everyone's a snow head so conversation is there I'f you want it. Power points UK and continental.
Really not an issue and to be fair did it for the first time January 2015 and will try never to fly again.
The other end at Bourg is a 120 second walk to the bus station.
Bottom line is that a case and ski bag on wheels makes it a doddle.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Recommend the useful links post, we used TDC for skiing and took at lot from it. Also I'd have a read of "The view from Val D'Isere and the Espace Killy" this is my review from last year Val D focussed http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2707945&highlight=val+disere+march#2707945 but some Tighes stuff in there
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Highly recommend Renelle at Fresh Snowboarding, I had lessons over 4 annual holidays when she was with Alliance snowboarding in Lacs, her instruction is outstanding.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy