Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - Snow & Accomondation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Myself and Wife are looking to go to Chamonix first week of April, considering snowfall is poor this year already will there still be snow then? Will it be busy or quiet? and does anyone have any suggestions for nice chalets / Hotels???

Thanks

Liam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@liam6913,welcome to snowheads.

not possible to predict snow levels in april at this point , but the late start to the season could mean late finish or not ,

stayed at the l'heliopic last year for the last week of the regular season in april , great hotel with very modern facilities right by the midi lift , not sure if your dates are covered by the easter hols , so that would make a big difference on how busy the resort will be . Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh Thanks for this, I have been before and stayed at Les Aiglons Hotel and Spa which was nice but dear! Are the catered chalets or Apartments much cheaper than a hotel??? Do you think it will be dead on the slopes start of April as we do want the après ski?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@liam6913, it's been ok first week of April for the last ten years. Easter will be busy but only bad for the weekend. Much of the Apres starts to wrap up around then. If you find a nice catered chalet then not too much need for apres. The best of the skiing likely to be at Grand Montets so maybe base yourselves in Argentiere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers jbob. Are catered chalets cheaper than hotels??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Sorry no idea about prices, it much depends on quality, in the past I've found expensive chalets can work out cheaper overall as you don't spend as much going out.
The photo was a powder day on 5/4 2015. But who knows its an odd year, maybe wait a bit and see how it goes, however you are unlikely to find much better than Chamonix late season.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you ever so much. Its a mine field, I am trying to do it all myself, the flights are hard enough but accommodation is through the roof!!! Do you always plan your trips yourself or do you use a company like Crystal Ski?? If so any recommendations
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Chamonix with ClubMed last year. Good accomodation and amazing food. Inclusive bar. Spa and pool etc. Would not work out much more expensive than doing it as separates. Chamonix is well spread out and the ClubMed buses you around enmasse conveniently rather than catches buses all about. You can use the included guiding/instruction too.

You should be able to get discount through The Tea Club, Quidco and a number of travel agencies too rather than direct.

If you are very keen on chalets get one which includes drop off/pick up mini buses to avoid the inconvenience of the resort.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy