Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do i get from Geneva to Les Arcs when landing after 10pm?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - hoping someone has some advice - my flight lands into Geneva at 21.50pm on a Saturday and I need to transfer to Les Arcs - any ideas? all of the shared transfers finish at 9pm, Bens buses finish at 21.10, no trains after 8.30pm, no public transport across the border after 8.30pm - I'm travelling on my own so a private taxi is looking around £300, helicopters starting from £700!!!! and hire cars from £150 - really hoping someone else can offer some ideas????? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Based on the potential transfer prices and pitfalls above, have you considered a different flight?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes, easyjet want £80 to fly earlier Sad so thought I'd try options first and worst case - get a hotel in Geneva for the night and transfer sunday first thing?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@vickylouise, Geneva isn't exactly abundant with budget hotels. Pay the extra £80.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^+1 - the authorities at GVA are pretty ruthless about turfing people out of the airport as it closes.

You could try Cool Bus and see if they have any late ones that are prepared to share - they are based in Bourg and have over 20 vans.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Geneva-Airport-GVA/Les-Arcs Isn't giving many options, pay the £80 I think
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Holiday Inn near the airport, but eat before you get there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a few reasonable airport hotels - but you're looking at about the same as to change the flight.

A quick look on Expedia for Sat. 9th Jan gives both the ibis and Holiday Inn Express for £64 (both with free transfer buses - though you'd need to check 24hr). Over on the French side you can get down to £29 (Stars Geneva Aeroport) but guessing no free transfer bus at that price so taxi there/back in the morning.

All of these options put you in Geneva over-night and waiting on the first transfer bus in the morning, which is time you're not on the snow. If you've already paid for a lift pass/ski hire that starts on the Sunday I'd pay the extra £80 to get the most out of that money.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@vickylouise, look for a group called 'tarentaise transfers' on fbook. It's a page that's really orientated around locals and others wanting lifts, so you might be able to find someone who's heading back late too...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hire a car, always open when the flights are running. It's possible to hire on the Swiss or French sides of GVA.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy