Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Holiday Booking for 2017 and Destination Recommendations

AMidlandsSkier
AMidlandsSkier
Hi all,

I am looking at booking a ski holiday for 10 people during January of 2017 (hopefully on the cheap, we're not too bothered about living in luxury while we're there). I understand this is quite early but I have a few questions as I've not booked a ski holiday myself before:

- What sort of date will it be possible to start booking for Jan 2017?
- Will booking early help to save money?
- Any suggestions for low cost destinations and operators?

Thanks in advance for any help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is early but ... I have actually just booked for half term 2017 this afternoon! Although I do book early (normally for free child places) I'm not normally this early but the price was too good to miss.

If you are talking about large tour operator holidays Crystal holidays are out now, most of Inghams, Neilson not released yet. IMHO these are usually the cheapest with crystal/neilson being the slightly cheaper than inghams.

You may find DIY holidays cheaper if you get the flights when they first go on sale.

If you are a group of 10 adults you'll qualify for group booking discounts with the tour operators but you need to phone the TO, just use online tool for looking.

I find booking early (before June) or late normally gets the best deal but if there's 10 of you it may not be advisable to leave it late?

Cheap destinations would include Bulgaria, Andorra, but even Italy/Austria/France can be found at good prices too.

I've just had a look at crystal and you can book Andorra self catering apartments for circa. £230 and half board from £300! That includes flights, transfers and basic no frills accommodation - I'm not sure leaving it last minutes you find anything significantly cheaper Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Suggest booking flights to Geneva as soon as they come out. We go easyjet
most times, and prices invariably rise.From Geneva you can access a very wide range of resorts, either in France, Switzerland, or Italy via the Montblanc tunnel. I have organised trips to all 3. From Geneva suggest booking a minibus for everyone.
Resorts easily accessible, and with decent snow records I have been to, whilst remaining reasonably cheap, ( for skiing that is) are:-
La Thuile and Cormayeur in Italy via the montblanc tunnel
Les Contamines.
Les Carroz, Samoens, and Flaine all in the Grand Massif in France.

Alternatively and potentially spoiling yourselves take the train from directly under Geneva airport to access a number of Swiss resorts. The ultimate being Zermatt. We are not talking cheap here though!

Recommend getting a copy of where to ski and snowboard. Well worth the investment given you are looking at a total spend of at least £10k

Good luck
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy