Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indoor skiing in the UK

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone any advice on either the Hemel Hempstead or Milton Keynes slopes? Am looking to go for a pre-season warm up/test a bad knee. Basically want to know when is quietest and which slope is best.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Hemel is the newer of the two sites. It's always done me fine for a little play.

I see to recall MK being slightly larger.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Feast wrote:
I see to recall MK being slightly larger.
They are a very similar size.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you go to MK, go during the week if you can. My experience is that it is rammed solid from now to after Feb half-term
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice, I will try to take Mrs Gordyjh tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As a general rule it's quietest when it's cheapest. I've been to Hemel on a few weekends recently, I was getting a cheaky hour in on Sat or Sun morning while my son has his lesson - but have given up as the queue for the lifts makes it not good value. By contrast I went up Sunday evening a couple of weeks ago for the 3 hour 6:30-9:30 special offer and the slope was not too busy and virtually no queues for the lifts. You can also check the webcam on their site to see how busy it is - but beware the cam is positioned so you can't see the queue at the bottom! (you can deduce how busy it is by seeing whether there are gaps between skiiers on the lifts...)
Personally I prefer Hemel, whenever I've been to MK it always seems quite hard and icy. By contrast Hemel can get quite chopped up (but I quite like the variation now). That said I've only been to MK when it is quiet so others may have a different perception. If you're looking for smooth groomed snow, try first thing in the morning - although at the weekend even that seems quite busy now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is there any difference in a.m. or p.m.?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gordyjh, remember is still school holidays, so I would expect it to be busy still.

Can only speak for MK but at this time of year they tend to have a large portion of slope set aside for sledging as well. My advice would be to get their when they open!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hemel is rammed daytime at weekends in the skiing season, to the point I won't go any more. Pretty busy weekdays in school holidays too. Late morning is possibly worst.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chill factor in Manchester is the best I've been to in the UK.

I learned my basic skiing at the Snowdime in Tamworth but Chillfactor is a class above
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hemel over MK any day. MK has pillars and parking to pay for and its £1 for the lockers and you don't get the money back.
Plus when I went they shut for an hour 6-7pm to bash the piste for the evening session, so I lost half my 17:30-18:30 time slot: got my money back though Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hemel but I am biased Wink

Will be busy at the moment with holidays running lessons for kids, best conditions in the morning variable later in the day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
im going to Hemmel on the 7th at 10.30am. My wife is having her first lesson and i'm going to have a play whilst she's in her lesson. is it likely to be quiet?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
im going to Hemmel on the 7th at 10.30am. My wife is having her first lesson and i'm going to have a play whilst she's in her lesson. is it likely to be quiet?

kids are back at school then, so id imagine so Blush
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm at MK because it's closer but, given the choice would go to Hemel as the snow at MK isn't always very good and the lift tracks are pretty poorly maintained.

I'm a member but if you're not, as Dr Rock says, it's £1 non refundable for the locker plus parking. It can get very busy but during the week when kids are at school is the best time to go.
latest report
Hemel tues morning opens at 7am normally very quiet, take your own breakfast though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy