Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SunGod Revolt goggles - how good are they?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I suspect some of you snowheads joined the Kickstarter campaign to buy SunGod Revolt goggles for Xmas.

There were some delivery issues, and not all the backers received their orders before Xmas. Ours arrived on Xmas Eve! However for those that did, and have already tried them on the slopes how good are they?

Ours were a present for son #1 who will be using then last 2 weeks of January in EK.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Feedback from my son is that they are good. He like the performance of both the low and hi viz lenses he has.

Only complaint is that the outside coating is too easy to scratch. With only 2 days use (last week was a low viz week) the hi viz lense is already showing wear & tear.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've found them really good - I have the pink lense which is marketed as an all-rounder and it's performed well in low light and bright conditions (skiied in them for two weeks, jan and march). Only scratch is where I hit myself in the face with a ski or pole in a rammed cable car... No complaints at all and well priced.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I love mine - great to be able to support a local Verbier business. The sunglasses are fab too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a pair (and the sunglasses too). Caveat: they generously gave me an ambassador deal.

I really like them - the polarised lenses are really nice, and the low light lens works really well in flat light. The lenses are easier and quicker to change than my old Smith I/Os, despite being roughly the same mechanism.

Goggles are the one piece of kit that I really baby, as most lenses get scratched pretty easily. After ~6 weeks use mine are still scratch free.

The (polarised) sunglasses are really great too btw.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks wrote:
I love mine - great to be able to support a local Verbier business. The sunglasses are fab too.

You surprise me, when they struggled deliver the Revolts before xmas I looked them up to see if there was a contact number. Companies house shows their registered address as Willington, Bedford.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No sane company owner registers in France if they can avoid it - it's a recipe for endless paperwork and bankruptcy. If you are ever looking to float it's a huge disincentive as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For anyone interested, we're giving away a free pair of SunGod Revolts on our site. They're a great product and we genuinely love to see young companies having a go in a tough market.

You can enter here:

http://skiasia.com/giveaways/win-sungod-revolts-customised-ski-goggles/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What does "interchangeable, fully replaceable goggles" mean?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Basically that you can replace any part of the goggles without having to purchase the entire thing again - frame, lens, strap. Fairly common with the lens obviously, but less so with the other components. Price is pretty reasonable versus some of the other manufacturers too. And before you ask, I don't represent SunGod...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its like Triggers Broom, you'll own the same goggles for 15 years - only had 10 new lenses, 6 new straps and 4 new frames... wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How often (and how) do people break the frame and/or strap?!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've personally never had a broken strap before. But frames can get a little beaten out of shape over time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've never had a new frame or strap but have had a few new lenses, unfortunately that's where the money is, hardly worth buying the lens only (Oakley Polarised), just buy new goggles, often cheaper. I'd be keen to try the SunGods next season, my Oakleys are getting real trashed these days.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29, how do they get broken? I keep my lenses in Tupperware lunch boxes (with each individual one inside a lens cover) and they never get damaged
latest report
@moseyp, Never broken as such - scratched due to hitting tree branches, face plants, folk on ski buses/ lift gondolas hitting them with their skis/ boards, and zardoz ski wax on glove from skis (rubbed them to clear snow out and got on inside of lens). I no longer get hung up about my goggles (or ski hardware generally) - tools not jewels! Laughing Spare lenses OK, they're in my rucksack, its the ones on my head that get damaged.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy