Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

There are ribbons of snow then there is this!!!

Poster: A snowHead
This looks very tight !!!!.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=506279856220121&id=247445698770206
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Time to give up, and take the mountain bike Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It gets really interesting when you have to duck because someone has just chipped from the fairway on your left on to the green on your right..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
......or when the hay baler drops a bale on the "piste"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That looks bloody fantastic! Just been having a right laugh at it! To be honest if we're going there (Dolomites?) and it was like that I'd be well happy, unfortunately I don't think the artificial capacity is as good where I'm going.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PowderAdict wrote:
Time to give up, and take the mountain bike Toofy Grin

In Les Gets they're thinking of (if not, already done) putting the bike hooks back on the chair lifts. Champery has reopened it's bike park...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's all about traversing when tackling steeps like that! Was up at Markbachjoch, Niederau, Tyrol yesterday lunchtime and it really wasn't much better. Pretty icy stuff too from the overnight refreeze. We were walking in the mountains as I can't be bothered to ski that stuff. We've found better conditions in the Ski Welt which, although low altitude, has the most amazing snow making capability. Happy hols, at least the sun is shining!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like they've done a pretty amazing job in the Dolomites if it's been done totally with artificial snow see video below (skip to 2 mins in to avoid the faffing).

http://youtube.com/v/swLGpm8B_B8?t=114

Btw how do you link to a specific part of the video when posting on the forums, the usual way of right clicking the video and posting the appropriate link doesn't seem to work, it just plays from the begging)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 28-12-15 15:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Elmer, theyre doing an incredible job, full credit to them. Should provide a nice base for when the snow does arrive too Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
meandrew wrote:
This looks very tight !!!!.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=506279856220121&id=247445698770206

I really do wish people would stop posting dangerous irresponsible videos for kids to watch

I mean - where is his ABS pack??!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Elmer, Ahh yes, this is Piculin, a fairly steep, south-facing black run in Kronplatz. I was there two years ago, about 6 weeks after the infamous snowmaggeddon of the BB, and it still looked like this! It gets way too much sun to be anything other than a white strip down a green field. It's nice in the morning but horrendous in the afternoon, but provides a hugely entertaining spectacle for anyone (sensibly) downloading in the lift at home time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Elmer, @Scarlet, Ahh, Piculin...fond memories of two years ago, the week before the infamous Snowmageddon, when it was in good nick.
Short swing turns top-to-bottom for a good last-run leg-burner Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ALQ, nah, I'll take the amusement of watching someone do a comedy fall and then slide down it on their head Shocked (for anyone concerned about my lack of humanity, there are no cliffs, very few people, nothing to hit and a reasonable run out from the slope) Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skiing white ribbons on green-brown mountains is a good craic. Everyone should do it at least once. Unique scenery, forgiving snow most of the time, and natural obstacles slopeside to keep things interesting.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Whitegold, agreed. I shan't mind a bit if the Dolomites are like this at the end of next month. I'm not that fussed if I spend some of my holiday hiking instead of skiing, the mountains are beautiful, with or without snow on them.
latest report
@Whitegold, agreed! Also if you are on the rock hopping skis skiing grass is pretty interesting too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy