Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To Stay or Go

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having managed to cancel accommodation we had booked in Serre Chevalier from 29th Dec to 16th Jan with no penalty we're now faced with the decision whether to book something else or go climbing instead. I've also managed to move a week of that holiday with work to Feb so we can ski then. We would be in the alps from 31St Dec to 10th Jan, is it worth going with the forecast snow or not? If you could ski anywhere in the alps during the first week of Jan where woukd you go? We're driving so are flexible and have the time off and really would like to ski but if it's so bad and the new snow won't help us then climbing in the south of France it is. Am I being far to optimistic thinking we should still try to ski this January?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will77 wrote:
If you could ski anywhere in the alps during the first week of Jan where woukd you go?

Espace Killy, the conditions currently on piste are good. If we get any of the forecast snow this week/end the conditions will improve greatly.
Next week should also be much quieter than this week.

Here are a few recent off piste pictures

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1104589026252690&set=pcb.1104589216252671&type=3&theater
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Will77, thanks for posting this as having a similar dilemma, do hope you don't mind me jumping in too! We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 5 so also thinking about where to be in potentially snowy weather. @stewart woodward, any thoughts on EK given this? Other suggestions from anyone? What about places with grassier bases and options for tree lined skiing - eg. La Clusaz/Les Saisies/ etc - although will the coming snow not be enough to get them going?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For young kids, Sainte Foy already has good snow cover on the lower slopes, with all kids lessons, etc going to plan. The forecast snow should transform conditions and we have lots of sheltered, tree-lined skiing for bad weather days.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stevomcd, brill thanks for the info. Just the sort of thing I was hoping to hear!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MBSki wrote:
@stewart woodward, any thoughts on EK given this?

The amount of snow forecast will improve the conditions but should not affect the amount of lifts or areas open. The forecast is for moderate snow not a big storm. The avalanche risk may increase from 1/5 to 2/5. There is some lower level tree skiing available if required.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MBSki, I think les saisies would be a good bet for your holiday if the forecast is for colder weather.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Will77, given your flexibility and having a car, I'd be tempted to get accommodation in Bourg St Maurice. Then you have several possibilities to ski, depending on conditions. Paradiski, Espace Killy both within 30 mins travel by funicular and car respectively. La Rosiere/La Thuile and St Foy close. Even 3 vallees possible, if that 1000k approx of piste (if all open) wasn't quite enough.
Based on last week, Tignes had best snow, followed by Bellecote glacier above La Plagne. Can be a touch bleak up there though in snow/high winds.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies. We are going, we have the tunnel booked and that's about it. We've got the time off and we'll see what we can find. We'd rather be in the alps than anywhere else..........
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Will77,
Excellent! Just what we like to hear!

Mrs B & I are heading to the Tyrol next week, starting with the overnight ferry from North Shields to Ijmuiden on Sunday. We plan to arrive somewhere (nothing booked yet...) in Austria to ski on Tuesday afternoon, then ski for 3 weeks. We've bought season passes for the Tyrol, so intend to be flexible and "go with the snow." Hopefully we will see some storm activity before the end of January....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all, thanks also for the suggestions. Still dithering and watching and wondering if we can delay to end of Jan having 'reviewed' (been reminded) how the rest of the family feel about skiing in a potentially stormy week. All those sunny Easter trips to Serre Chevalier are not helping my case!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy