Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone just back from the SkiWelt?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Soll on Saturday (Yeeeeeeeessss snowHead Very Happy ) but the accuweather reports show that there has been no snow for two weeks and none forecast for the next fifteen days - bummer.

I assume the weather report is for the village and there will be better snow on the piste, but has anyone been to the SkiWelt recently (and particularly Soll) who can inform me of the snow conditions - and whet my appetite further?

2 days to go...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Durham Red wrote:
I'm going to Soll on Saturday (Yeeeeeeeessss snowHead Very Happy ) but the accuweather reports show that there has been no snow for two weeks and none forecast for the next fifteen days - bummer.

I assume the weather report is for the village and there will be better snow on the piste, but has anyone been to the SkiWelt recently (and particularly Soll) who can inform me of the snow conditions - and whet my appetite further?

2 days to go...

well 15 days outlook is a VERY long time. I'd be surprised if predictions made for 5-6 days can be accurate. Well I hope so cause I'm booked to Anton on Jan 21st !! Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Durham Red, I'm not sure where you get the information that it has not snowed for 2 weeks. I have been in regular touch with the ski school in Ellmau, where I am taking a large number of families a week on Saturday in the first of my annual cochlear implanted children's holidays (see the snow angels section). I have an e-mail from the ski school dated 2 January saying it was snowing again that day. The Ski Welt have had fantastic early season accumulation with depths twice the historic average so you should find no problem with the snow cover. The six day forecast has no new snow but don't know what the forecast is after Monday next week. Have a great time. I am sure you will.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Durham Red, i'm jealous snowHead

Last skiied the SkiWelt on 7th Jan, there'd been a big dump on 2nd/3rd. Conditions were superb on 7th, with very few firm or icy patches.

You'll definitely have top to bottom skiing, it was waist high if you took a wrong step on the way from the car. I'd also be pretty optimistic about you having good conditions on 13th->19th, even though it won't have snowed for 10 days as:
1. I forget the stats, but there's a very high % of snowgunning to keep things soft in the SkiWelt, certainly on all major runs.
2. Temperatures look pretty mild for next week. I had pretty perfect conditions a few years back there after it hadn't snowed for 3 weeks with mild (around freezing or just above) weather softening things up.

Have a great trip!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't worry, there is 200cm at the top and 100cm at village level
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy