Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

taking the no snow risk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
as we are all aware theres not much snow but the t/o are offering some deep discounts for mid to late jan, no snow forecast for what looks like into the new year at least wk2 if it snows it will book up fast so is it worth the risk im thinking it might be . Already booked march but the chance of a cheap week is tempting, someone out there will know has there been a year with no snow in jan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not worth the risk, even in good years there are good discounts in Jan, I'd rather wait and have to pay another £100 than have a holiday wasted with no snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ski for fun, 1964 and 1953 but there were no snow cannons ...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Iv been severely tempted to book myself. A place i was looking at has easily halfed in price and the webcam shows some white so im pondering...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski for fun wrote:
as we are all aware theres not much snow but the t/o are offering some deep discounts for mid to late jan, no snow forecast for what looks like into the new year at least wk2 if it snows it will book up fast so is it worth the risk im thinking it might be . Already booked march but the chance of a cheap week is tempting, someone out there will know has there been a year with no snow in jan

I think in 89/90 there was no snow until February but even last year the snow cover was very poor until the second half of Jan. 2011 wasn't great either. Depends how high you go I suppose, and where, but if you are talking about the Alps, not great.

This is Val Thorens at 3000+ meters in 2011 at the end of the season

hmmmm black snow mixed with gravel, lovely.

Personally, given the long range forecast is for a warm Jan and Feb before a return to more seasonal weather in March, I'd wait. Book an extra week in March maybe. There probably won't be much in the way of snow depths now so the season will be largely over by early April, like last year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ski for fun, first week of Jan in Espace Killy might just about still be OK. Otherwise only somewhere with plenty alternative activities and entertainment to keep you happy. That view based on a week just coming to an end in Paradiski and Espace Killy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski for fun wrote:

As you say, there's snow forecast for early Jan so conditions should be great (they better be as I'm off to Austria on the 16th). You might be kicking yourself for not booking. Why not give it a day or two until the forecast firms up then book?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy