Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - change of hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Booked to go to Langley's Tignes 2100 hotel through Crystal, and was called at the weekend to let me know that some residential floors would be closed as the refurbishment wasn't quite complete. Quite pleased that we would be getting refurbished rooms higher up. Then today told that the kitchen refurb was not complete, and we would have to move!
Offered Les Arcs 1950 but I insisted I wanted to go to Tignes, so offered Val Claret - Aparthotel Alpina, which we accepted with a refund as it was a 2* instead of 3*.
I was looking forward to our Tignes 2100 but a bit nervous about the change - hope it'll work out OK. Main thing is, we'll still get to ski EK!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know that this is the opposite of helpful, but we went to the Tignes 2100 hotel about 5 years ago and it was awesome, especially the home made aioli. Sad to hear that you've been bumped; it's always irritating to spend hours making the perfect choice and then have it changed at the last minute.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2* with crystal in france...... eughhhh.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MSG101, having skied in both Paradiski and Espace Killy this week, you've definitely made the right choice. The snow conditions in EK can't be described as great, but much better than Paradiski. Hope your holiday goes well!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MSG101, Tignes 2100 hotel is still a building site. It looks nowhere near finished and probably won't be for a few more weeks.

The Alpina is not as well situated but close to a bus stop if you finish your day in Le Lac.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@tccambs,we stayed at Tignes 2100 about 3 years ago. To be honest I thought it was adequate but nothing special. Rooms small and basic. Food decent quality but small portions. Service and staff fine. Would go back again but only because of excellent central location and good value for Tignes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MSG101, when were you due to go to Hotel Tignes 2100? I'm booked for 17th Jan and have not been advised of any move. Given that @stewart_woodward reckons it'll be a couple of weeks, it sounds like it's going to be touch and go for me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're heading out on Saturday - Boxing Day! It's a bit close to the wire...
Given that normal bookings are due to start from I think 2nd January, you should be OK @Kennyboyo
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Being a worrier, I emailed Crystal and had a reply to say all bookings after this weekend will be going ahead at the hotel as the hotelier has advised them that they will be opening from this weekend (which is in line with what @MSG101 is saying).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Having a great time in Val Claret. We got put into Alpina but given one large apartment with two bedrooms and large living room along with a smaller apartment. Much more space than 2100 would have been. Good food and excellent location for our needs.
Skiing is a bit firm but lots of pistes for all abilities. Very happy.
Also received compensation from Crystal.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having a great time in Val Claret. We got put into Alpina but given one large apartment with two bedrooms and large living room along with a smaller apartment. Much more space than 2100 would have been. Good food and excellent location for our needs.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MSG101, You seem to have won on all fronts Very Happy

Glad to hear you are enjoying your holiday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MSG101, good result snowHead pleased things worked out so well , nice to hear that good things do happen without the need for moaning and groaning Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kennyboyo, I walked past a couple of hours ago - the ground floor is a building site - there is no way it could be used. The rooms maybe ready - but whatever is planned for the groundfloor - it used to be the dining room (and kitchens I think) so standby to be shipped out for food.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks @chocksaway. I'll leave it till next week and then hassle Crystal again to see what the score is. Any chance of a photo at some stage? MSG101 - Glad it worked out well for you.
latest report
@Kennyboyo, tried to get a photo today but locked up! Obviously Polish workers have New Years day off wink
snow conditions
How dare they take a day off - don't they know I'll be arriving on the 16th and desperate (for skiing)? Laughing
ski holidays
@Kennyboyo, I should be up there tomorrow, no promises but I will see what I can do.
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, @chocksaway, Interested in this as No1 son has just informed us that he's on a deal there also for the 16th of Jan.
ski holidays
GeorgeVII wrote:
@stewart woodward, @chocksaway, Interested in this as No1 son has just informed us that he's on a deal there also for the 16th of Jan.

The 'Deal' is - sleep in a Poubelle
latest report
@stewart woodward, Haha. I've told him that I know some REALLY nice folks in Lavachet if he's stuck wink Laughing
ski holidays
just been up the road:

This is the view of the Hotel 2100 from the Palafour Gallery:

As you can see lots of conduits and things hanging around which would clearly not pass A Controle Technique!

This is the main door on the Rue De La Poste:

Nice new door but still a lot of finishing to do.

As you can see the windows are covered and the glass is a bit reflective but there is still a lot or work going on inside to day. On this next photo you can see the ceiling of the ground floor - all the electric racking and ventilation systems are still being worked on. I couldn't get any closer for fear of getting belted by a Polish Plumber's Wrench!!

There doesn't seem to be any apparent work going on in the rroms - so they may open them and I don't know where the kitchen and dining room are in the new arrangement - but if I was travelling next weekend I would be asking very difficult questions of the Tour Op. Its all a bit redolent of 1970's Spain on the Costa Unfinisheda.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, News at Ten..... Tignes wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Yikes. I'll get in touch with Crystal on Monday! Thanks @chockaway for the evidence. Glad I booked through a TO and not done a DIY trip this time. Now that snow is falling right across the French Alps (and predictions for more), I'm hoping there'll be more alternatives Crystal will be able to offer for 16th Jan if building work is not finished.
snow conditions
@Kennyboyo, 3 years ago at Christmas, Inghams phoned me the afternoon before departure, to tell me we couldn't stay in our cheap and cheerful Les Menuires hotel, as it was overbooked. They offered me a couple of unsatisfactory substitutes. I dug my heels in and kept my nerve, saying they'd just have to give me a full refund and I would complain formally about being let down and told so late.
Later that evening they offered us the Village Montana, one of the best in Tignes and sold at about double the price we paid. I even got us a 30€ a night drink allowance with our meal, as we'd have had free plonk in our original hotel.
Worth digging in and getting a good deal for being inconvenienced,the TUI group probably has more money than you!
snow report
@intermediate, thank for the tip. I'll try to hold out as long as I can before desperation caves in. I'm unsure if your assumption that TUI has a bigger cash mountain than me is correct. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
MSG101 wrote:

Great to hear that Crystal sorted you out with alternative accommodation & compensation, but bloody brilliant that you appear to have got a better deal - enjoy the snow Little Angel
latest report
Quick update on this but nothing certain. Organiser of my sons' trip reckons the first guests will be in this weekend and is certain all will be okay for the 16th Jan.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spoke to Crystal and they have confirmed that guests are arriving this Saturday. I Couldn't really put up much of an argument if they say they are open for business. Anyone out there who can verify there is some semblance of readiness? Thanks.
ski holidays
I walked past last night and a lot of work has been done since the photos but it was still a workplace with stuff all over - not sure how they could get it finished and cleaned in 2 days. The windows are still all covered but a craft shufty show the work was still going on. The whole delay is apparently due to them finding asbestos early in the process which had to be professionally removed before the renovations could start.
snow report
Thanks for the reconnaissance. I guess there is nothing I can do until next week if the excrement collides with the spinning blades. I hope it all goes swimmingly. NehNeh
ski holidays
I've been involved with hotel renovations (in the Tui group) and as long as it's just cleaning and and no real trade work, you'd be amazed at how quickly they can turn it around. Crystal (and other Tui companies) will have loads of seasonal staff that will be sent over and will work late into the night (the real life of working for a big TO) and right until the guests arrive to get it open.
ski holidays
@manicpb, Understand that, I just hope that Langley's Scandinavian Staff are just as industrious - this hotel is run by Langleys - Crystal just provide the flights, transfers and the odd rep and then its over to the Scandis.
snow report
Definitely felt we landed on our feet with the last-minute change - you should have heard by now if there's a further delay to completion, as it was Wednesday of Christmas week when we were called about the Saturday move. Hope all those arriving at Tignes 2100 enjoy a good experience!
snow report
@chocksaway, based on our experience 3 years ago, the Langleys staff were very good. The bigger challenge in the coming week is the resort staff coping with the large quantities of snow up there. How quickly things change. Still, forecast is for sunny weather by next Thursday, so end of next week could be epic!
latest report
I walked past about 5 o clock last night - it looked like a massive amount of last minute prep and cleaning was being done. It looks like they have abandoned plans for putting parts of the false ceiling in and finishing off outside - where there's a will there's a way I suppose.
snow report
I hope the inside will be better than the outside Very Happy
ski holidays
Just popped in and had a quick shifty about. I took a couple of photo's which I will try and upload in a few minutes.

The new ground floor will look impressive once it is finished, but there are still lots of builders about rolling eyes I was told they open at lunchtime today but there is still lots to do.
snow conditions

Not too far away from being completed!
ski holidays
@Kennyboyo, The rate it is now snowing (1315) you won't be able to see the outside Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy