Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les three valleys \ Les 3 Vallée \ 3 valleys ski lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I am travelling with a group for a week in January to snowboard at les three valleys \ Les 3 Vallées, it will be my first time there so I don't know what to expect. I have a question about the cost of the ski passes, is there only one price (I have heard €60/day)? or can I pay as you go? I ask because I don't think I will be flying down the mountain as fast as my friends to make full use of the €60 unless I jump from beginner to professional boarder in 3 weeks time. Any advice would be welcome. Also in general is it expensive for eating out? wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It rather depends on where you are based and whether you will be skiing/boarding over to the other valleys. You can get a valley/resort specific lift pass, group passes and all sorts of permutations:
If you are a total beginner, and depending on where you are staying, there may be a free beginner lift in your resort.
An example of the local area vs 3 V pass if based in the Les Menuires area:
http://media2.lesmenuires.com/2015/07/tarifs-des-remontees-mecaniques-2015-2016.pdf
The basic rates for the whole area.
http://www.les3vallees.com/en/skipass-rates.28/

Most people buy a 6 day 3 v pass if they are on a week long trip. Given the exchange rate at the moment makes things relatively reasonable. By the time you have upgraded for a day out of your own valley, you might as well have paid the full price for the week.
Cost of eating out depends on where you are. As a general rule, Courchevel 1850 tends to have a greater proportion of swanky and/or overpriced eateries on and off the mountain. The more Bogner clad Russians you see entering the door, the higher the price and the more sneery the staff are likely to be towards a basic Brit!

Boarders (in my experience) get up and running quite quickly. Are you starting from nothing, or have you done some sessions in an indoor snowdome. It might be worth trying to grab a session or two if you can, and then you will feel far more confident and get the most out of your holiday. Are you planning on taking lessons in France?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In general I wouldn't expect a beginner to not need anything other than a local valley pass, these are cheaper than the 3v's pass, but it depends what valley you are in, if I was in meribel I'd probably want 3v's as it's easy to just go to the other valleys.

There's also discounts if you buy with other people, depending who you are buying it from you may get the trio rate anyway (I know several independent chalet companies do this).

If you are getting lessons, ask the ski/board school what they need.

Couple of threads for eating in the 3v's

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2656129
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=113248

There are are more
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.les3vallees.com/en/skipass-rates.28/ gives you the lift pass rates. If your a beginner suggest you buy daily passes. Take special note of the weather forecast and plan your day accordingly. Best places to learn / improve your style are La Tania and Meribel village Altiport area , IF the snow cover is good.

On the mountain La Tania prices in the restaurants at base level very reasonable by French standards.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is my 3rd time snowboarding so am feeling more confident on the board, I think I am classed as a beginner but I could be wrong as I can travel at speed and link turns with less falls now. I don't know what is needed to be intermediate boarder so I might just rent a beginner board (don't know what the difference is other than price).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chriscoombs100@btinternet wrote:
http://www.les3vallees.com/en/skipass-rates.28/ gives you the lift pass rates. If your a beginner suggest you buy daily passes. Take special note of the weather forecast and plan your day accordingly. Best places to learn / improve your style are La Tania and Meribel village Altiport area , IF the snow cover is good.

On the mountain La Tania prices in the restaurants at base level very reasonable by French standards.

Why would you be better off buying daily passes if you are a beginner? They're the same price as if you're an expert.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would guess the logic is that if there are 'free' lifts available then the true beginner can utilise those for the first day or two.

I have to say i dont agree, @nattib, doesnt say which valley they are based in, which will make a small difference as to choice, but only small one.

So assuming the eagerly anticipated snow arrives a single valley pass will probably be fine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies for the lack of clear information I have given you, am still trying to work out where my friends are taking me. I know that we will stay in Reberty - Les Menuiers which I guess is close to 3V. What @Little Martin had said about the day pass makes sense to me because I might not go as far as the group etc.
Thanks for the food tips too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nattib wrote:
Apologies for the lack of clear information I have given you, am still trying to work out where my friends are taking me. I know that we will stay in Reberty - Les Menuiers which I guess is close to 3V. What @Little Martin had said about the day pass makes sense to me because I might not go as far as the group etc.
Thanks for the food tips too.

Les Menuiers isn't 'close' to the 3V, it's part of it.

All you really need to do is compare the price of a Les Menuiers lift pass to that of the full 3V lift pass.

A wild guess would be that the Les Menuiers costs about 75% of the full 3V pass, however it would only give you access to about 20% of the 3V area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://en.lesmenuires.com/winter/ski-snowboard/ski-passes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Special offer for three valleys for Saturdays if you book online http://www.les3vallees.com/en/3-vallees-on-saturdays.287/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you've been boarding 3 times already, go for a full 3 v pass for your stay. At Reberty you can get up to VT (for which you will need the 3v pass) so easily, you will regret not going for it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but 3V is this the pass I mentioned before which would cost 60 Euros per pay or something else? And what is "VT"?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah...Val Thorens...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
VT is Val Thorens, next door to, and linked to Les Menuires

You can buy passes for the resort only, the Valley, or the entire 3 Valleys, but the price differential between the 3 is not huge
ski holidays
@nattib, how many days are you going for and do you plan to be on the slopes every day?

Not sure why you keep mentioning the daily rate unless you're only doing for one day, or don't plan to ski EVERY whilst you're there?
snow report
I have often thought that a '2V' pass would suit lots of people, but I guess it would end up being priced much the same as the current 3V pass and so wouldn't save us that much.
snow conditions
If it's your 3rd week you must be skiing blues & reds with some proficiency which will open up the whole 3V area to you, so if you plan to board every day you will need the 6-day 3V pass which is €289 for an adult High Season pass, which works out at €48 (£35) per day.

It's always cheaper to buy a 6-day pass compared to six 1-day passes or any other combination of shorter duration passes.

The only time you wouldn't buy a 3V pass is if the weather was to be so bad all week that it had closed the links to the other areas or if you were a beginner who was struggling with blues or you didn't think you'd be boarding every day for some reason.
snow report
Yes I want to be boarding from the Sunday to Friday (we arrive and leave on the Saturday), so I'll get the 6-day pass you have mentioned. I am guessing that there are discounts if the group buys the same ticket together? I'll book my gear online as I have seen it's cheaper but the ski pass I will probably pick up when we arrive Saturday.
ski holidays
Is it worth the group of 4 risking waiting to book gear when at the rental shop hoping for a group discount or book online?
snow conditions
nattib wrote:
Is it worth the group of 4 risking waiting to book gear when at the rental shop hoping for a group discount or book online?

I'd pre book your gear hire. It will be more expensive if you leave it until you get there - even with a potential group discount.
ski holidays
@nattib, you won't be getting a discount if there are just four of you buying a lift pass.
snow conditions
Apart from the three or more one
latest report
@nattib, there is a Duo pass (slightly discounted for 2 people buying the same type of pass - single valley or full 3V - for the same duration at the same time) or Trio (as above but for 3) Check out the web site www.les3vallees.com to see how it works out for your group. Have an excellent time - you'll love it Very Happy
snow report
Okay, so I forgot about those. Apart from them, almost certainly no discounts!
ski holidays
I'm going to both Tigne (23rd Jan) with my better half and VT (20th Feb) with a group of 6. Both trips 7 days with Crystal and we plan to ski the full area.

I was impressed with the Tribe discount offered for the 3V pass. Compared to buying through Crystal this is a £28pp discount, and compared to buying a single pass on line, £8pp discount. Only drawback is you have to make a single payment in Euros for the full group. Means the organiser takes a small risk on exchange rate rolling eyes

I cannot find any discounts for Tigne or Espace Killy passes buying ahead of travel. If anyone here has seen any discounts Puzzled please let me know.
latest report
Good to know thanks, I will tell everyone about the Trio pass as we are a group of 4. It looks like you can only pay will a credit card so I'll get the cash before I fly out. I can't wait to go Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Can you but the Duo pass on arrival or does it need to be done online in advance?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy