Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing mid january

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I always go sking end of feb/1st week in march every year, this year my husband would like to get an extra week mid january, but i do not know if i fancy it how should the weather be?
I am normally used to lovely sunny days at this time of year but dont know what to expect with weather in the middle of January. I would love to hear from folks who normally ski at that time, if most days there is a lot of snow and is very cold etc.
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well looking at the way the weather is at the moment you'll probably get your lovely sunny days in the middle of Jan! Personally I'm hoping for sub zero temperatures and lots of snow for early/mid Jan!

On a more serious note you can still get nice sunny days and reasonable temperatures in Jan but obviously you stand more chance of it being cold and snowy. I usually go in Jan and I've only missed a couple of days due to weather in about 15 weeks of skiing over the years. I prefer it because I hate skiing on slush!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have to agree. Skied the 3rd week of January in Austria for the last 11 years. Missed only half a days skiing due to weather and that was strong winds. Yes it is colder but in my opinion the snow is always better. As for sunny days I would say the weather bright and warm enough to sit outside to have lunch about a third of the days. I personally find it a little uncomfortable to be at out door après bars in damp kit. So always find a lively venue to enjoy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy