Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend a resort!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, have been skiing twice before, both times xmas in Zell am zee. I am hoping to book somewhere for the 2nd January or the 30th January next and fancy trying somewhere a little different to Zell. There will be two of us going and we are not looking for anything too mad, nice scenery and good food will do us. Would love to hear your recommendations.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Xmasski wrote:
Hi, have been skiing twice before, both times xmas in Zell am zee. I am hoping to book somewhere for the 2nd January or the 30th January next and fancy trying somewhere a little different to Zell. There will be two of us going and we are not looking for anything too mad, nice scenery and good food will do us. Would love to hear your recommendations.

Nice food and reasonable prices, you can't beat the Italian resorts. I'm a big fan of Sauze D'Oulx. Easy transfer, approx 1 hour from Turin and skiing is usually possible all the way down to the town. (lift up in the morning) Good access to the Milky Way (Via Lattea) and a mixture of tree lined slopes and high altitude snowscapes.
The biggest concern around the 2nd of Jan is the snow level. Some reports are seeing a bit of precipitation around new year...
The 30th of Jan... way too far off to guess!!
Others will jump in soon no doubt with their reccomendations!!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 21-12-15 13:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice scenery and good food? The Dolomites. I'll leave resort specifics to those on here who know the area more intimately but there are plenty of folk who do. Hopefully it'll have snowed by then!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks ! I am not restricted to the 2nd and given the last two Christmas trips have not really snowed I would really like to see a lot of snow so waiting until the end of January might make more sense. While we were able to ski thanks to the snow canons, it snowed one day and the difference was unbelievable.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zermatt, Switzerland.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scenery definitely the Dolomites.

For good snow (even when it hasn't snowed for yonks and very warm) - Ski Amade. We're here at the moment and considering the lack of snow (that has fallen from the sky) there is an amazing amount of skiing available. And I love Austrian food!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monterosa (Champoluc) Italian hospitality is just amazing. Scenery and skiing are excellent too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scenery and food - Alta Badia tops the list really.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Austria, no doubt, Alpbach......voted the prettiest Austrian village, great ski area for up to intermediates and is only 60 minutes from Innsbruck. its not mad in terms of apres but is a fantastic resort. plenty of people return year after year. i have a friend that skis at least six weeks a year, has skied all over the world and when i asked him where i should take my wife,he answered Alpbach in a heart beat. it is a hidden jewell. but promise me that once you've been there, don't tell anyone else!! Blush
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Right both Dolomites and alpbach sound good. Any hotel/accommodation or ski school recommendations please:)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Xmasski wrote:
Right both Dolomites and alpbach sound good. Any hotel/accommodation or ski school recommendations please:)

Re the Dolomites, you need to choose a resort first. The Dolomites cover a wide area. Check the ski brochures and look at the following resorts to see which one takes your fancy: Selva, Ortisei, Arraba, Corvara, Canazei. You can easily access the Sella ROnda ski route from most of these resorts. Once you choose a resort, someone can then help you with ski school & hotel recommendation.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK Alpbach, the best hotel is Alpbacherhof right in the middle of town and very reasonably priced, it's 4* and has all the facilities you can want and it's possible (subject to conditions) to ski to the hotel. i've booked in March for 5 days half board in one of the superior rooms for £350 each, so £700 for a double room. The food is fab, a five course meal! you won't be disappointed with this hotel.
I sound like a share holder! I'm not of course.

i've booked return flights into Inns for £125 each (and you can now get them for £75.00!) i've hired a merc estate for £85.00 so all in all it's a pretty cheap trip bearing in mind the quality of the hotel.

there are the usual ski schools, although i haven't tried any yet! but will be booking my wife in for a lesson as this is her first trip Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy