Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Piste Skiing Now More Dangerous Than Ever? Is skiing to blame?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Discuss
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes! If no one skied then skiing would cease to be dangerous Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tarrantd, disagree - the danger inherent in skiing remains whether people participate or not, by not participating you're merely removing yourself from the danger coefficient and placing yourself into whatever danger is inherent in the action you replace it with.

For Example:

Activity\Cause of deathIce entombmentLactose poisoningHorrible dismemberment
SkiingHighMediumLow
Cup of Milky tea on sofalowHighLow
Mobster cuckoldryMediumLowHigh

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 21-12-15 16:06; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A reduction in time spent skiing would inevitably lead to a proportional increase in après-ski injuries! Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ster wrote:
Discuss

Skiing injuries have fallen by around 25-50% since the 1990s wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd say media coverage of incidents is more hysterical than ever. But no, the act of skiing down a mountain has not got any more dangerous just because the press give blanket coverage to every incident. If anything, advances in safety equipment and mountain patrols mean it's way safer now than say 20 years ago...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So... are you saying that by decreasing the time spent Skiing... I increase my chance of Mobster Cuckoldry?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

So... are you saying that by decreasing the time spent Skiing... I increase my chance of Mobster Cuckoldry?

You stay away from those poor shell fish!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jamescollings, Thats as reasoned an argument as any I've seen, so yes.
@Tom B82, he sleeps with the fishes...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Richard_Sideways, what if I'm the mobster? My chosen method of revenge would be to wait until the culprit was having a nice milky cup of tea and then entomb them in ice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@tarrantd, disagree - the danger inherent in skiing remains whether people participate or not, by not participating you're merely removing yourself from the danger coefficient and placing yourself into whatever danger is inherent in the action you replace it with.

LOL I did say if no one skied then skiing would be less dangerous, however the increase in people snowboarding would probably make that a more dangerous activity. It's surely a question of probability?

I do now know why I always drink black coffee rather than milky tea!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy