Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schruns Montafon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.Anyone been here?Would welcome any thoughts on the skiing and the town re.apres ski type action (for a load of middle aged drunks).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good skiing but not the place to go for lash. Relocate to the other side of the Silvretta pass for that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I work there during the week.

The skiing is good, but the apres is almost non-existent.

The area is good for finding powder, and family holidays, but not much else.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As others have said.....@harvey13, the skiing is good but don't expect nightlife. There is a train to Bludenz or Feldkirk for a night out if you're desperate
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok thanks for the info.Will keep searching for suitable resort near Innsbruck.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@harvey13, Ischgl.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@harvey13, Ischgl, St Anton, Mayrhofen... All also closer to IBK than Schruns wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999 any tour operators or accomodation that you would recommend in Montafon? Which village is it best to stay in?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tjgadd18, hey, sorry not sure there actually are any UK TO's who go there? Certainly didn't come across any UK workers.

Personally I'd stay in Schruns - there's just a bit more going on than the other villages. TBH I didn't bother checking any of the hotels, so I can't really recommend much in the way of accommodation! However my old boss is renting his house out on AirBnB - it's genuinely lovely, and right in the middle of the village on the edge of the square (3 minutes walk to the lifts): https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6509187?s=Oi92Jpnb&sug=50

Let me know if you'd like me to put you in touch with him.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Enjoying a nice glass of Grüner Veltliner and dreaming of the season ahead. Thinking about digging out my bike lights so it must be almost winter...

We visited Montafon about 5 seasons ago, staying in Gaschurn in these great apartments:

http://www.m-montafon.com/en/montafon_chalets/montafon_chalets

May not suit everyone but we had an amazing time. We went in a group of 6 - we're not big umpah apres fans but there are plenty of places to go and from memory, it was cheap. Seem to recall evenings sitting at the Sporthotel bar drinking schnapps till the early hours. It's our 'we'd love to go back to place' - knee deep powder, a great range of on and off-piste and starry skies.

We've done St Anton twice (once too many), Söll (OK for a cheap package), Kitzbuhel (twice and would keep going back), Hinterglemm (three times - fourth trip to the Theresia booked for Jan), Bad Gastein (interesting but didn't have great snow), Schladming (twice - happy to go again), Galtur plus days in Zell, kaprun, Obertauern - and 2 trips to Mayhofen including a late night mountain rescue. We've also tried France, the U.S. and Switzerland (not yet managed Italy). I'd put Montafon among the best and as soon as my daughter is old enough to not need childcare, we'll be heading back.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999 I am keen to come and try out it, it is getting a lot of press in the likes of Fall-line skiing so wondered if any of the TOs had started to offer it.

Thanks for the recommendation. Only me and my gf at the moment so looking for a hotel or perhaps a one bed airbnb - if we get others to join us it might be more feasible.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy