Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British podium in World Cup cross-country

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Andrew Young became the first British skier to podium at a World Cup event when he came third in the Men's sprints at Toblach, Italy yesterday.

[www.fis-ski.com]

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[www.youtube.com]

Andrew's Young & Musgrave race again today in the men's 15km CT.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Photo: FIS Cross Country
Andrew Young (wearing number 3): "A pretty amazing day. My aim for the day was to make the semi-finals, but I felt good and my skis were excellent, so making it through to the finals was actually pretty straightforward.

"In the final I made an attack around halfway which worked, but then I tired on the last hill and the other two (Pellegrino and Hamilton) came past and I ended third. I am still delighted though. It was a brilliant day and it hasn't actually sunk in yet!
"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Thorn wrote:
Andrew Young became the first British skier to podium at a World Cup event.
I don't think that's right is it?
Perhaps the first British podium in a World Cup XC event?

Mark Poncin, for example, won a crystal globe for speed skiing a few years ago. He even brought it to the EoSB to show us and gave us his race suit for the raffle. In the best, most poignant irony ever, the runner up in the EoSB race won it snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I don't think that's right is it?

Perhaps the first British podium in a World Cup XC event?

You are perfectly correct I had meant to add cross-country but in my excitement left it off. Britain has won Olympic medals in other snowsports disciplines.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Peter Thorn, Yes a great performance by Andrew Young! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My Family in Norway have friend that compete with him. They are all proud and fitted at the same tim (no Norge podium)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
My Family in Norway have friend that compete with him. They are all proud and fitted at the same tim (no Norge podium)

fitted? Puzzled I'm not familiar with what that means in this context (I even googled urban dictionary but no help) Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair Pink wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

fitted? Puzzled I'm not familiar with what that means in this context (I even googled urban dictionary but no help) Laughing

It should have been gutted. Happy Predictive texting. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy