Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc for the next 2 weeks - what to do?

Poster: A snowHead
Just packing to fly to Champoluc tomorrow for two whole weeks. Looks like there is very little snow there and no sign of any arriving. Ski-2 say they'll try and bus us to alternative locations (Pila? Cervinia?) but I'm pretty much resigned to a winter walking holiday. Unless anyone can suggest places it might be worth me heading for. I'll hire a car if I can get to somewhere with reasonable skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have been in Cervinia for the past four days and have had a fantastic time, The pistes are in great condition and you can ski right down to the village, we have had no lift queues and the weather whilst a little warm has been glorious. It seems to be getting a bit busier now but not crowded and i think if you can get up here you will have a great time. One tip buy an international pass though as lots of good skiing is on the zermatt side and the connection is really easy. If you like reds try no 7 all the way down from the top, it's great! And about 3/4 of the way down is a restaurant called Chalet Igloo, just fab and really friendly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ This.

Cervinia has all its lifts open right now and surprisingly good pistes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ps my husband has an app that tells you how far you've skiied, and today we skied 54km! Not bad for not much snow. The Italians have made a massive effort to get the pistes in good nick and there is lots of natural snow at the top
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not out there till 17 th january , .. But at this rate i expect poor conditions in champoluc but will have to maje do, susoect we will end up in pila
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Whitegold, you are in Cervinia too? Fast car!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the lifts are now open in Pila so you should get some runs on about half the usual pistes but expect it to be busy. Get in to Aosta and take the gondola up the hill which you should be able to do easily on public transport. If you do get a car you can drive up and then have a bit of apres before heading down again as the Aosta Gondola does shut quite early.
Have a look on pilaski.co.uk or pila.it and they keep it up to date. Its man made but it is snow !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arrived this afternoon and spent a pleasant come of hours in the pub. Champoluc has two runs open - both reds - so we're going to stay here tomorrow and take the lesson we booked months ago. Ski-2 are giving all their clients a couple of days skiing in Cervinia, mountain biking, paint balling and suchlike to help keep us amused. Hotel has a decent looking Spa so overall I think we'll have a good time, I just need to chill out a bit about the skiing.

Today's mystery - the runs that are open are man made snow, there is virtually no natural stuff to be seen. So why was there an English couple in the supermarket wearing Norrona goretex onesies and airbags?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
looks like the run from betta forca is open down towards Gressonay.. so more pistes are opening up. hopefully for me i've got 4 weeks for some snow to arrive, knowing my luck it will snow so heavey for the week i'm there that the lifts will be closed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mum and dad have just returned from Cervinia and had a great week, the pistes were in good condition and well maintained even though there was grass on either side.

Skiing over to Zermatt was a safe bet as the snow was better on that side.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gressoney
Bettafora/st Anna - fair
St.Anna/stafal is cow pasture
Salati/Gabiet -excellent
Salati/Piano Lango -exceptional before 11, icy there after.
These are isolated white ribbons in the brown mountain scape.
The glacier is full of gapers through the bins as Indren lift is not open
Firework ban in place on new year as the valley is a tinderbox
Cancel Cancel Cancel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Same here, we arrived to Cervinia on 18th and staying till 3rd. Good skiing considering how little snow there is, Zermatt is a bit better then Cervinia. Not sure how it will be around New Year with far more people then now.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Valkyrie, I was going to say try La Thuile ...... however......

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Thuile/6day/mid
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Watching this thread with interest as am scheduled to arrive for a short visit on 7th Jan.

Be grateful if any out there can regularly update on the situation.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@TYPUCT, I am struggling to understand why La Thuile would expect snow when nowhere else does?
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@TYPUCT, I am struggling to understand why La Thuile would expect snow when nowhere else does?

Exactly my point. NOWHERE (in Italy) is expecting any snow.
Skullie
snow conditions
weather models say it may change within a week or so... temperature is dropping and snow making should start again... still looks like i'm having a 'mountain' holiday as opposed to a skiing one
snow report
Hi,

I'm staying in Champoluc from 9th Jan, really hoping conditions improve. If not them I'm thinking about hiring a car to visit other resorts in Aosta (Pila, Cervinia etc) most at accessible in about 1-1.5h.

Maybe a day on the MTB.

dk
latest report
Had a look at the Pila site today and it looks like 6 runs open on man made stuff. Our normally ski in-out hotel is 300yrds down from the end of the snow. You can see the edge of the snow on the Baby Goraz camera and it does look quite thick there. They will probably have more runs open 25th onwards that they will have been saving as there were very few people there this week. Keep the cannons pumping.
ski holidays
Valkyrie wrote:

Today's mystery - the runs that are open are man made snow, there is virtually no natural stuff to be seen. So why was there an English couple in the supermarket wearing Norrona goretex onesies and airbags?

Brilliant line! Right attitude Valkyrie
snow report
Anyone out there this week?

I'd be grateful for any update on conditions if there is.
snow report
Just back from Cervinia over Christmas week; fantastic man made snow on well groomed pistes and 7 days of sun, fab ; never queued more than a few minutes at most; skiing Zermatt was good too; if it stays cold at night there will be the same conditions for some while; not a square cm of off piste anywhere so skins stayed packed! Beautiful walks to be had too.The snow will come!
ski holidays
Going to Champoluc in 2 days. Really frustrating the connections are not open yet despite the recent snowfall and low temps.

More snow due for Today/Tonight so finger crossed.

Any direct reports from Champoluc? Whats the hold ups with the connections?
latest report
@dklemm, I don't know but my immediate suspicion would be that the high cols have been wind scoured and it's not been cold enough to run the cannons enough to compensate. It's only really this week that snowfall has made it over there.
snow conditions
looked on the webcam this morning and they were grooming the run from the goat down to Frachey, so i would expect it to be open this weekend as well as bette forca run, plenty of snow on the way as well, i'm out there on the 17th and so not worried now !!
ski holidays
I came back on Sunday from two weeks in Champoluc. Frachey was open to get over to Gressoney all last week so I expect you'll have plenty to ski next week. If the Goat isn't open it's only 5 minutes in a bus up to Frachey, not really a big deal. Look on the bright side - for Christmas week we only had the two red runs directly above Champoluc open, nothing else.
snow conditions
@Valkyrie I do feel you and all for those in Italy over Christmas, especial over in Via Lattea area. Could you get over to Alanga to ride the long black V3?

I'm sure they are doing everything possible to get additional piste and connections open for this weekend.

Thanks all
latest report
@dklemm, that black in Alagna was lovely, went there practically every day last week. Good thing is that they only open pistes when they're in really good condition.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy