Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Autonomous electric snowmobile concept

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This Canadian guy by the name of Charles Bombardier (I don't know if he any connections to the Bombardier Transportation company which got started by producing caterpillar tracked snow vehicles) has come up with this design concept for an autonomous mini electric snowmobile you stand on, which he calls the Binatrax.

It's very much a design concept only, and no actual working model exists. Still, if such a device could be produced it might be handy for those people in the UK who'd like to ski or snowboard on their local slopes when they get snow on them but don't fancy the walk uphill. Toofy Grin

Thoughts anyone? Madeye-Smiley

Edit: I see that Charles Bombardier does have connections with Bombardier Inc. and associated companies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bombardier
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lol.

Looks like it was rustled up by an intern on an iPhone in their lunchbreak.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can think of so many hundreds of reasons why this is a daft/impractical, idea that I can't even be bothered to start.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Batteries a problem? No worries we'll just swap in a compact hydrogen fuelcell.
Problem solved Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
essex wrote:
Batteries a problem? No worries we'll just swap in a compact hydrogen fuelcell.
Problem solved Very Happy
it's great that it takes less than a minute to do this. Cold fusion reactors are much slower to swap over.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
New development in Snowboards that stops them moaning about flat or uphill sections Twisted Evil

OR

I can just imagine what would happen if launched...........

09:00 product hits shelves.

09:01 all major ski resorts ban the use of them on grounds there are enough accidents with everyone travelling in the same direction, ( In reality it is to stop people from getting away with not buying a lift pass ).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@speed098, In fairness to Charles Bombardier, however unfeasible his device may be to make, he does say that the intention is to eliminate hiking for backcountry users where there are no lifts, so I don't think he was expecting them to be used in ski resorts! Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

eliminate hiking for backcountry

Isn't that what the heli is for?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
not that original either...

http://youtube.com/v/aEQjM9SvgNQ
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy