Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tragic News from meribel

Poster: A snowHead
A 17 year old British citizen died in Meribel yesterday after a fall near the snow front on a blue run.

More here from the DM - which, IMHO, spends way too many column inches on the link with Michael Schumacher rather than on the tragedy for this family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3363162/British-teenager-17-killed-skiing-family-moderate-piste-resort-Michael-Schumacher-accident-two-years-ago.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.....and put up a pic of Mottaret. rolling eyes

Very sad, nevertheless.

Poor piste conditions perhaps?? Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He caught his ski in some of the netting as he entered the Chaudanne area and fell heavily and initial reports are that he broke his neck. Help was on hand immediately. Terrible accident.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Terrible tragedy

Thankfully this type of accident is rare, but is a risk in any sport, be it skiing, cycling, rugby in fact anything where you could hit your head
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad deeply sad to hear this - just a 17 year old.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very sad. RIP and thoughts are with his family and friends. Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So sad, a tragic waste of a young life. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very sad.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very tragic tale, so young. Need to be very careful in these conditions. Accident in Avoriaz PDS today, a ski instructor on a simple blue run, caught an edge and the netting usually held in by packed snow did not stop her falling and breaking collarbone and leg when she hit a rock. Op tomorrow and hopefully out of hospital tomorrow evening, but no work for 3 months.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Echo my sentiments from the 3V thread, extremely sad news. As Boris says it's a risk in all sports (in woman in Devon recently died on the rugby field after sustaining a head injury), but he must have been going at some speed to suffer the reported injuries. A timely reminder about the dangers of icy slopes.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SnoodyMcFlude, my husband broke his neck on piste in a skiing accident. He was not skiing fast as it was a short crowded section of piste and we'd all stopped briefly to regroup only a few metres before. He thinks he was hit by another skier who could have come from another adjoining piste and hit him in the back, but we aren't certain of that.
latest report
Hells Bells wrote:
@SnoodyMcFlude, my husband broke his neck on piste in a skiing accident. He was not skiing fast as it was a short crowded section of piste and we'd all stopped briefly to regroup only a few metres before. He thinks he was hit by another skier who could have come from another adjoining piste and hit him in the back, but we aren't certain of that.

It was more the report that the initial injury was to his chest, if that's what was the cause of death then I'd have thought it requires a heavier impact that a head injury. I appreciate that you don't need to be going fast to have a nasty head/back injury, I work in construction so have heard a few nasty tales of people breaking their back when falling from a fairly low height.
snow conditions
Sad
snow conditions
Here we go again ....

Another reason to stop grooming slopes.

Another reason to ban Helmets to stop people having this false sense of security.

Career Piste skiera have a false sense of their abilities.

I know this a kid but they need to be taught off piste first , not groomers!!
snow report
stanton wrote:
Here we go again ....

Another reason to ban Helmets to stop people having this false sense of security.

Dont want to turn this thread into too much of a conversation as its not the right time, but why ''here we go again'' and why should all kids be taught off piste first??!!
snow conditions
Best left there I think...thoughts with the family and friends.
snow report
@PaulC1984,

Speed kills..
snow report
There will always be a risk when skiing but it's still a real tragedy when someone dies or get's seriously hurt. My thoughts are with his family and friends who must be very sad at what's happened.
latest report
stanton wrote:
Here we go again ....

Grow up and show some compassion stanton

This is really sad no matter the circumstances and our thoughts should be with family and friends at this time. With xmas just round the corner this will add extra distress that they do not need. They do not need to potentially read the ranting's of a lone lunatic like Stanton at this time either.

Words can and never will be enough at times like this.
snow report
Can we have moderators remove insensitive or innapropriate posts please?

This is terrible news and I can't imagine what the family is going through.
My thoughts are with them.
ski holidays
There is always the possibility that family or friends of the young lad will be members of this forum.

Condolences to any affected by this accident.
latest report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Can we have moderators remove insensitive or innapropriate posts please? ..

I think that's a silly idea. I deal with death quite a lot, and whilst it's troubling for people who know the victims it's not for the rest of us. I don't think you can sensibly censor the whole internet because of a single death, and some of us at least would not want you to do that. I think you're perhaps confusing social media with reality.
ski holidays
philwig wrote:
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Can we have moderators remove insensitive or innapropriate posts please? ..

I think that's a silly idea. I deal with death quite a lot, and whilst it's troubling for people who know the victims it's not for the rest of us. I don't think you can sensibly censor the whole internet because of a single death, and some of us at least would not want you to do that. I think you're perhaps confusing social media with reality.

I'm not suggesting censoring the whole internet - just an online forum/community showing some repsect/sensitivity in the days after a tradegy.
snow report
Commiserations for any family or friends.

@stanton, Pretty poor taste even for you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How utterly terrible for the family and friends. When all the holes in the cheese line up then people can die in simple accidents. @Hells Bells, had a shocking experience but it could easily have been a tragedy.

@stanton, You are a cockwomble of extraordinary magnitude.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Here we go again ....

I've hardly got room to talk, but seriously, grow up.
snow report
Stanton's views are contentious but not offensive, even if they were, opprobrium not censorship would be a more appropriate response. A society in which we all have the right to never be offended would be a dull place.
snow report
johnl wrote:
Stanton's views are contentious but not offensive, even if they were, opprobrium not censorship would be a more appropriate response. A society in which we all have the right to never be offended would be a dull place.

There's a time and a place though and after someone's tragic death on a family holiday 2weeks before Christmas is not the time or place!
ski holidays
Very sad.
latest report
Never I nice piste toward the bottom when it is worn and icy and I seem to remember the Relentir signs at the bottom acting as a magnet. Terrible News.
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
johnl wrote:

There's a time and a place though and after someone's tragic death on a family holiday 2weeks before Christmas is not the time or place!

+1
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Here we go again ....

stanton You are a c*nt. Fu*k off and take your trolling elsewhere.

Condolences to the family of this young lad. May you find strength in the memories of all the good times you shared.
snow report
RIP, very sad, thoughts with family
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
johnl wrote:

+2.

I am not in favour of banning Stanton, what would be the point? The "banning culture" is offensive to free speech. Let him post so we can unify in mocking his ignorance.

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
RIP, very sad, thoughts with family

+1

Tragic accident for someone so young, thoughts & prayers for his next of kin.

I cannot believe how some people can be so disrespectful at such an awful time & we don't have the facts rolling eyes
snow report
thecramps wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:
johnl wrote:

+2.

I am not in favour of banning Stanton, what would be the point? The "banning culture" is offensive to free speech. Let him post so we can unify in mocking his ignorance.

Madeye-Smiley

+3

But could we not have a hat with a big letter "D" on it that goes under your name in the left hand column. It could be awarded weekly to one Stanton ( sorry person) and under the hat is a number to denote how many times you have won the award. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy