Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker kingpin bindings which boots do they fit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was reading up on these bindings and found that some boots need a heel adaptor due to some touring ones ie pin heeled boots don't have a long enough shelf for the heel binding to connect with.My question is I have changed my Atomic Waymaker 130 soles for touring tech sole blocks and was wondering if this heel will be too short for the Kingpins or will they be ok any advice appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@meandrew, You're fine with the Waymaker. The two obvious problem boots are the Dynafit TLT6 & the new Atomic Backland plus any boot that has narrow toe lugs purely to fasten a boot crampon to.

At this moment in time Atomic haven't sanctioned the use of Marker din adaptor bracket (which is basically a heel length extension) as the original single hole fixing at the end of each arm was in an area were there was insufficient material in the sides of the heel to screw in to. Marker have now added a second hole fixing hole to the bracket so the rearmost holes can be used with the Backland as there's apparently more 'meat' in that area & Marker are saying that Atomic are close to approving it.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 17-12-15 12:19; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks@spyderjon, I was hoping you would answer as you are the most knowledgeable,could you answer this aswell thefixing for the kingpin and the look px18 mounting holes are they compatible as in spacing?.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or would the fixings for a Duke be more favourable?.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Defo clash at the toe with any of the Marker Tour series. Kingpin & Look PX will work - there's about 16mm centre to centre at the toe IIRC which'd be fine on a solid ski - not sure why you'd wanna do it though? The idea of the Kingpin/Beast/Rad 2 bindings are that they're a single binding solution. I'm regularly trying to persuade customers not to do this as my experience (personal & with other customers) is that you switch the bindings out once then realise there was no benefit & never do it again. Just go Waymaker with the tech soles (better for around town & dancin' on tables) & a Kingpin/Beast/Rad 2 as a do it all solution.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep I was looking at lightening my skis as the px18 on my atomic automatic weigh a ton I have s7,s with dukes on still not light so I will swap the Px18 with kingpins as they are on my favoured ski.Thanks for the information @spyderjon,

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 16-12-15 22:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't want to quiver killer them just straight swap I want shut of the Px's I just wondered if the holes lined up for remounting instead of new holes.Do you sell the Kingpins @spyderjon, ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:
@meandrew, You're fine with the Waymaker. The two obvious problem boots are the Dynafit TLT6 & the new Atomic Backland plus any boot that has narrow toe lugs purely to fasten a boot crampon to.

At this moment in time Atomic haven't sanctioned the use of Marker din adaptor bracket (which is basically a heel length extension) as the original single hole fixing at the end of each arm was in an area were there was insufficient material in the sides of the heel to screw in to. Marker have now added a second hole fixing hole to the bracket so the rearmost holes can be used with the Backland as there's apparently more 'meat' in that area & Marker are saying that Atomic are close to approving it.

I've just seen a statement from Atomic's Boot Product Manager that the revised Kingpin din adaptor is still not compliant with their Backland boots. So basically a Backland boot cannot be used with a Kingpin binding.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy