Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute bookings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How late do you leave it? are the savings of booking last minute really that great?

I normally book quite early on, probably at least 6 months in advance, but have booked a week off work in march and will be looking to get a last minute trip. I already have trips in January and February booked so wanted a cheap trip in a resort that's got a large number of runs. I'm thinking of starting to look mid/late February but haven't got the greatest idea of when the best last minute deals will be!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well i've just booked return flights to Innsbruck on EJ in March for £75.00 each! hired a car for £135.00 for the week. Now, from Innsbruck, the tyrol is your oyster! Mayrhofen is about 90 mins drive from the airport and i've seen some really good deals on chalets and hotels. On the area ski pass you can ski the whole zillertal valley from Kaltenbach right up to Hintertux glacier and it includes the train up and down the valley, massive ski area Toofy Grin.

i'm going to Alpbach and a 4* half board hotel has cost £350.00 each and you can go a lot cheaper than that! Alpbach is now linked to the next resort and so the ski area is pretty big but Alpbach it's self is fairly small with only 4 black runs, but as my tag suggests i just like cruising the reds and blues!

Also from Innsbruck you can easily get to Ischgl, Obergurgl, Ellmau etc etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The first week in March is still French school hols. Not the busiest week but still, probably best aim for Italy or Austria that week. If you want a package deal "last minute" means between 2 hours and 2 weeks before setting off to the airport.

You need to be flexible, but also wary. There might be very good reasons why there are cheap deals to some resorts (e.g. only 30% of the runs open Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ) or some accommodation (it's a huge trek to the lifts).

If you want to do a DIY deal and find your own accommodation/transfers it's best to book a flight to a major hub airport as soon as possible.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, I'm aiming for the second week, so as far as I'm aware should avoid most of the school holidays.

The package vs. DIY is what I'm weighing up at the moment. I've done both in the past, but its whether I book flights and accom etc now and go for a DIY holiday, or wait until a couple of weeks before and hope there something cheap but that isn't cheap for the reasons you've stated Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why not wait until a couple of days before then you can take your pick of the conditions
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No flights left a couple of days before? Meaning stuck with TO options?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@KennyEverett, my concern is that any resort still with availability a couple of days before will not have favorable conditions..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the alternative is book early into the hotel you like or know in the resort you know will suit you and self travel getting early booking discounts with lift pass inc in hotel rates as even with current t/o discounts booking direct like this is still working out cheaper but am booked early march so should be snow by then or else we are all doomed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Freinds just booked to go to champoluc in january.... All ready to press go and got delayed by 40 minutes.... Then it flashed up giving 10% discount.. Result
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy