Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Diamant 2015/2016

Poster: A snowHead
The area opens on Saturday (as planned) and there will be 43 pistes open, with 20 in Les Saisies; a lot better than last year. Though I suspect some will not survive the ongoing heatwave as they are "susceptible d'évoluer en fonction des conditions météo." Wink-

The following is from the tourist office of Les Saisies.

Quote:
Voici le détail de ces prévisions d'ouvertures :
TS Carrets / Piste verte Carrets
TK Aiglons / Piste verte Aiglons
TS Manant
TK Forêt / Piste bleue Forêt (bas)
TSD Bisanne / Piste bleue Bergerie (haut)
TS Rosières (Bisanne 1500) / Piste bleue Planay
TS Chamois / Piste bleue Chevreuils
TSD chard du Beurre / Pistes bleues Sapins, Tétras et Trolliers / Piste verte Challiers
TSD Covetan / Piste bleue chapelle
TK Verdets / Piste verte Verdets
TK Coqs / Piste bleue coqs / Piste verte Blanchots
TS Légette / Piste bleue Chenavelle
TS Jorets / Piste bleue Frêtes
TS Chozal (Hauteluce) en ascenseur uniquement
TS Roche Blanche / Pistes rouge Gypaète et Vardache / Piste bleue Lézette
Tapis Boëtet et Chardons / Piste verte Boëtet

Retour skis aux pieds à la station des Saisies assuré.
Liaison Crest-Voland via Covetan ouverte.
8 pistes sur Crest-Voland, 7 pistes à Praz sur Arly et 8 sur N.D de Bellecombe (Mont-Rond).
Accès N.D. de Bellecombe en navettes gratuites depuis Crest-Voland uniquement.

Les tarifs des forfaits seront revus à la baisse. Nous vous les communiquerons dès réception.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been chalet maiding and nannying all week but got out today to make appropriately impressed noises about my granddaughter's skiing which was indeed excellent. The 4 central chairs are open with pistes down to the village but lots closed. Snow pretty good considering. No stones - pistes on pasture. Some brown patches but no ground showing through on piste. Quiet, no queues but huge traffic pouring into the village this afternoon so next week won't be great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sounds a bit grim, looks like they have been working overtime with the cannons when they can actually run them but it badly needs fresh snow and a decent amount of it. Hope it holds this coming week and happy new year! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've had a lovely Christmas week. Perfect for kids with more than enough snow for them and few queues
new year is always too busy for me however good the snow. Happy new year to you too, Skinutter
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like a dusting overnight snowHead first of many falls I hope Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where I am - Bisanne 1500- there's only the merest trace of overnight snow. Lots on the way by the look of it, thankfully. Pistes - the few open - stupidly busy. The village is bursting at the seams, never seen it so full. Do you have any trips planned, Skinutter?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trying to work out what to do at the moment, annual trip in April to Les Saisies but for two weeks or if funds and points allow, maybe head to Canada and ski in SunPeaks, Lake Louise and Whistler. Pricing look prohibitive to be honest, so likely see you in April if you are about and fancy catching up over a drink or two in the sunshine (and fresh snow...) Happy New Year! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, some time has passed and the picture is. Of course, transformed. We have 110 cms at village level in Les Saisies and 176 at 2000m. I've done a big circuit round the Espace Diamant today showing off the area to two snowheads new to the place and snow cover is superb, right down into the Arly Valley, though they are taking no chances down there and have quite a lot of snow cannons going too. We had many pistes entirely to ourselves.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wednesday and Thursday were pretty good powder days, not many people about though, would guess it should be busier this weekend particularly Sunday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

All looking good. This from one of the walking tracks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lovely!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, I'm back in the UK at the moment - will be back in France when the French school hols are finished.

Snow cover is now excellent. The Espace Diamant website tells me that 157 out of 158 pistes are open (the closed one is an off piste itinerary down to Hauteluce which is often closed - the bottom is quite low and there might be avalanche risk, too, after the very heavy snow of recent days, with well over 2m of snow now at 2000m)

I don't wish I was there, though. I don't do lift queues. wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, I'm now back in a snowy, cold, Les Saisies with 2m of snow in the village and 2.75m at 2000m. 60 out of 60 pistes open. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Superb conditions all round today and bright sun. Les Saisies was quite busy, with even a sniff of a lift queue so I headed over to Notre Dame de Bellecombe which as usual was much quieter. Some super red slopes in Notre Dame which I had pretty well to myself. Only went down to 1350 but snow first class down there. Loads of ski school groups in Saisies but the huge beginner area in Notre Dame was nigh on deserted.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pam w, I skied val d'arly today perfect spring conditions and slightly sun burnt nose Very Happy I started in flumet where a random local offered to get my pass for me as he could buy it for €20 as opposed to me having to pay €30 something, you certainly wouldn't find that happening down the tarentaise!!! I also took the lovely long drag lift out of Flumet that I have heard you talk of before Very Happy last day for me on skis for this season but next year I'm definitely going to have a look at les saises, it was great to actually be skiing in France surrounded by natives rather than Brits and Russians!!!! Shocked
ski holidays
Glad you had a good day, @Matrski. Les Saisies was quite busy this morning, lots of local day skiers I think, as it was such a nice day. But I dare say the slopes weren't exactly swamped down in the Val d'Arly.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy