Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelex currency sale Thursday 11am - 1pm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re told (although it may just may marketing hype) that there will be a “Black Friday Type” sale from 11am until 1pm on Thursday 17 Dec.

Baring in mind that Thomas Cook’s did the same thing on (the real) Black Friday when they offered the actual inter-bank rate (1.425) to shop customers, it will be interesting to see if Travelex do the same. If they do you should be able to get a rate of 1.374.

We thought it was a bit strange that Thomas Cooks only pre-warned business customers about their BF sale as we can already get virtually the interbank rate anyway.

It’s also a bit strange that Travelex seem not to want to publicise their sale today to many people.

But still, it may be worth a look if you’re heading out to the slopes any time soon.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Lisa_BrentaSki, we use a variety of cards including travelex, but there are some such as weswap and revolut that you generally get the interbank rate anyway, I could do with more euros for our trip but 1 week before xmas not sure I will have any spare cash to squirrel away.
my question is to any possible snowheads in the know, is why has the rate dropped in the last week or so, and any thoughts to if it will be going back up again in the near future?????
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm am here in the office until 8pm tonight. So ...... Very Happy

It’s all about bonuses.

Let’s face it a loaf of bread in Paris and London cost the same (to the locals) 2 weeks ago as it does today. So the real value (what it can buy) hasn’t really changed, so why has the £ gone down again the €.

It’s rather simple; banks (or the people that work in banks) want to make money and to do this they look at what all the other people in other banks will do when something (anything) happens. This (something/anything) will make them buy something that they can sell again later for a profit. Or, as sometimes happens, they will just get rid of something that is either making a loss or just not making enough profit.

The reason all these bankers are selling the pound at the moment is nothing to do with anything the BBC will tell you – if they ever stop being fixated with climate change. In reality it’s just down to the fact that they (the people who work in banks) think that all the other people (who work in different banks) will think that the pound will go down against the Euro, and so it would be a good idea to sell the pound now and buy Euros, so they can buy them back later at a profit.

Why do they think this? Well they (the bankers) were hoping that the bank of England would put up interest rates. Not that it would really make any difference what so ever to the cost of a loaf of break in Sheffield or Rome but if that happened, more bankers would sell their Euros and buy Pounds – so the banks holding on to Pounds could sell them at a profit.

The next thing that has happen in the past couple of week is the European Central Bank said it was go to start QE (that’s just printing more notes to you and me) and so the bankers thought the Euro would go pear shaped and (of course) they should buy pounds so that when the Euro dropped in value they could buy them for less than they sold them for. But nothing happened. So the nice bankers have re-bought all the Euros they got rid of in the hope of making a profit.

So you see. It’s nothing at all to do with the comparative strength of the £ or the €, but it all to do with how much profit a banker can make for the bank that will pay their bonuses (based on the amount they made for the bank).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Am I sounding a little cynical Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lisa_BrentaSki, thanks for your advice sounds like you need to be on a slope more at the moment than stuck in an office!!!!!.
I suppose the £/euro rate does not make much of a dent into the bankers bonus whilst they are drinking crystal in courch/verbier/aspen, they will only be affected when buying said chalet/holiday home somewhere in Europe!!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Lisa_BrentaSki, how is Wayne?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Filthyphil30k, he is in Italy doing what he does.
Do you know him. He got married this year so is STILL showing everyone his wedding photos. It will (slowly) subside Madeye-Smiley

I will be out in resort for the whole of March is anyone wants to come for a fall over.

EDIT. Just had a thought. Anyone booked to go to anywhere in Italy may want to cancel if you have booked the 2nd week in March. My 2 kids will be there: can't say any more other than "watch out - 3 and 6 years olds with NO control"
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He was a good SH, before flounceo. I miss him.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy