Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello from India!! Looking for Ski Equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello from India!

We are an outdoor club from New-Delhi, looking for skiing equipment. I was wondering if you could help me out. Do you know any brands coming out of asia, e.g South Korea, China. South Korea has good skiing and they produce good cheaper products, but I don't know where to find them. I would appreciate it if you could tell me where to look......

Not too much luck on the Web.........

India is making a huge ski village in the himalayan mountains. Alfred Ford (Ford Motor Co.) is starting this project. When it become ready, we would like to invite you to come see India and ski in the himalayans.

Or if you want to plan a visit before, let me know!!

Thanks,
Best wishes,

Amit Grover
President Outdoor Club
New-Delhi
India
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
amit, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

As is often the case, I can't help you with your question...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
amit, Welcome to sH's ! Very Happy

Sorry I can't help either.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2, a major manufacturer, produces their skis in China. Perhaps it's worth trying to talk to them, they might want to support the sport in the region.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
amit, Welcome to snowHead . Keep us informed on the developments where you are and if possible, could you download some photos or links to photos giving an indication of where exactly you are in the Himalayas.

K2 is good. Perhaps also try www.ebay.com
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One of the snowheads runs a guiding service in Kashmere. They have a web site www.skihimalaya.com and i am sure they could give you some useful advice re equipment. http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/images/smiles/icon_snowHead.gif
snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
amit, Welcome to snowheads,and thanks for the invite snowHead

Would I like to ski the Himalayas,wouldn't I just wink Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
amit, I've been reading a few articles on the Himalayan developments. Looks interesting. I think that if I made it out there I would have to be climbing though Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa, Why can't you do both? amit, Welcome to Snowheads - sorry I can't help with your question, but it's great to have a member from a more unusual place!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, I think that I would - but depends on carrying the ski gear as well as alpine kit. Never had to hire porters before for the 20 minute walk-ins to la Grave wink

Oh - but that does sound like the best holiday ever. Climb up and ski down snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Someone must be able to help Amit
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
amit, Gidday,

Have a look at this link. There are 6 companies from Japan. It'd be handy to contact them as I'm sure they would be able to help you.

http://www.exoticskis.com
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also worth contacting Orion in Bulgaria. i'm sure they would be able to help. The link to them is on the link in the above post.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can I can play too:

www.spezialski.de
is not on that list.

All the above is quite useless dross, really:

- none of the posts in this thread solve the binding or boot cost problem.
- no attempt is made in this thread to distinguish producers from labelmakers slapping their name on others' work
- contracted price is dependent on production volume as well as labor cost; it is likely someone like Sporten would give a decent bid even though not in Asia.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy