Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Public/State medical facility Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at insurance, the SCGB states

If you need to see a doctor ask your hotel reception or tour representative for the nearest public/state medical facility

Where is the nearest in Espace Killy? We are just trying to choose an insurance, so it would help to know, I've looked on google but can't seem to get an answer, so wondered if it was in Bourg?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NE1,fees for many private clinics in France can still be reimbursed by the state system. Every GP in France charges a fee.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is the nearest medical centre / hospital private or state?

If private, where is the nearest state?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bourg St Maurice, then Moutiers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidof, is Moutiers hospital still open? For some time there's been a sign/banner near the bottom of the road from the Belleville valley saying save our hospital. Would seem a shame to lose it, perhaps to cuts in funding?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
According to the hospitals website, yes but anything major and its Grenoble.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NE1, there is a medical centre in T ignes which covers colds to dislocations. Anything more serious is transfered down the valley.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stewart woodward, is it 'public' and where is it if so?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NE1, you need to pay for treatment at medical centres in France, but charges can be claimed back from the state system. It is around 30€ to see a GP, and there are additional charges for x-rays etc. It is not like the UK where it is completely free. Some info on how the system works here http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/countryguide/Pages/healthcareinFrance.aspx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Save Moutier Hospital
Campaign page on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/CollectifHopitalMoutiers/?ref=ts&fref=ts
@davidof, is it clear from that page what is available currently? My French isn't up to it Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hospitals down the valley - Bourg and after that most people end up being shipped to Chambery! I am pretty sure Moutiers is closed / closing down / scaling down for closure now but dont quote me on that!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all, it's really just about the SCGB wording in their insurance as above, regarding accessing public facilities for minor injuries. I wouldn't even know how to get to Bourg from Tignes if either of us sustained a minor injury. I have spoken to SCGB and whilst they didn't answer the question I feel slightly better about it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I wouldn't even know how to get to Bourg from Tignes if either of us sustained a minor injury

I wouldn't worry. There'd be plenty of people around to help and advise if you had a problem.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you do have an issue, just ignore this and go to the nearest medical centre (or wherever you're taken by the blood-wagon). This is just your insurance company trying to make sure you cost them as little as possible.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stevomcd, that did cross my mind when I was speaking to them 😉
snow report
@stevomcd, that did cross my mind when I was speaking to them 😉
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy