Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying with a Sit-Ski (MountainMan) as hold luggage?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a bit last minute!

Due to a number of cok-ups The Lass has had to make an emergency borrow of a MountainMan from DSUK and flys with it tomorrow on Easyjet.

The skis have been taken off and go with the outriggers and stabilizers in a conventional ski bag...no drama there.
The main structure, seat and foot bucket have been left assembled and a couple of large cardboard boxed now well taped on and it is a big package, not that heavy, but large and unwieldy.

She is using it to teach a client for a week in Verbier...there should have been kit there, but for reasons I won't go into we are doing this instead.

Please, please...Dear Easyjet...please allow this! (Obviously we have booked it as a hold baggage item and paid accordingly...I even spoke to Easyjet, but of course they had no idea at all what a Sit Ski is!)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there an issue here? Luggage securely boxed up and within weight allowance that you have paid for....I'm not seeing it. Does easyjet care it's a sit ski? Surely it's just baggage
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've flown with various sit skis with no problems, both with and without packaging. Without packaging is easier to carry around, but with packaging is generally better from a protective point of view. As @holidayloverxx, says, if it's within the weight limit and packaged there shouldn't be any problem.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, Hopefully all will be ok - particularly if you don't mention the word "ski" in "sit ski." Just tell them it's a seat if they ask, otherwise some officious check in person may try to sting you for the carriage of sporting equipment that they claim you haven't paid for. ie for £60 return, as opposed to the lower charge for "normal" (ie non sporting goods) hold baggage.

On a related note, I stupidly forgot to book my skis online and turned up last weekend at Manchester (with Easyjet) to be told that I'd have to go to customer services opposite to pay £40 one way for ski carriage. When I said I'd add them on line the check in attendant said it wasn't possible as the flight had opened for check in. So....I went online and added the skis for £60 return.

Before I went back to the luggage drop with the skis I asked customer services to check my luggage allowance, after explaining what had happened. The attendant there said it wasn't possible for me to add skis as the flight had opened for check in! But lo and behold, her computer showed that I had indeed paid for return ski carriage... Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Phew...no problems at the airport!

Thanks for the reassurance during yesterday evenings full-on worry session...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy