Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Could any demo bindings be fitted on a demo platform

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi ladies and gents,

Please excuse my ignorance if my questions are silly but there we go:

I bought a pair of new K2 AMP Velocity without bindings quite cheaply and a pair of Marker m3 10.0 which was supposed to be the right binding for them. Unfortunately only the rear bit is (or rather seems to be) fitting. The front jaw wouldn't fit though - it looks similar, has the same grooves but won't go in. After some research I discovered that the plate looks different from what AMP looks like. I believe the original plate has been changed with a demo plate/binding and I'm f'ed.
I guess I will either 1. have to find the right plate (nearly impossible I guess), 2. buy new bindings and fit them on the flat or 3. buy a set or demo bindings and fit them on this plate. Obviously I won't be able to use my brand new Markers as well.

Which option would you suggest I go for?

Would it be possible to mount only a new front jaw on the flat and go with the Marker m3 10.0 fitted on the rear plate or is this a no-no?

And lastly, and most importantly, are all demo bindings being fitted on a sort of standard plate? I saw on the internet a Marker 10.0 Fastrak III 13/14 fitted on a plate which looks identical to the one I've got but I don't wanna end up with a collection of unusable stuff and end up skiing on my rather soft Elans for another winter.

I like skiing fast and would like to be as safe as possible without obviously spending a fortune.

Thanks. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy