Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

marker phoenix otis helmet UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was looking at getting myself my very first helmet after my hat was way to warm last time and i fancy vents. My baldy head is a secret radiator.

First off, i fancied the marker phoenix helmet in either black or the nice white green to match my clothes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helmet-Marker-Phoenix-White-Green/dp/B00PL8H9GO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449847245&sr=8-2&keywords=marker+phoenix+otis&tag=amz07b-21

Until this weekend i assumed, a helmet will go on and look like a helmet. Anyway in Elis B shop i tried random helmets on to discover some made me look like i popped a helmet on a growing head bubble above my head and not my head, leaving it look just "off" so anyone no anywhere in Scotland who have these in stock to try on before i shell out £125. (Infact even if the shop cost more, id happily pay it if i could try it on)

Also costco have a Bolle helmet in thats £70 all over the internet but £42 in there that fits, which is my backup plan but i do really like they marker ones.
Any help, experiences or stories or even other options? Iv heard of smith vantage, looks a bit clingon from star trek though lol

(Also i know about the goggles need to fit, i could use that as an excuse to go goggle shopping, even though i have very nice Slokker that online has them around 150 and i somehow paid 40 for in a shop in italy, bargain!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hotchy, I would recommend that you always try on a helmet with your goggles and a ski jacket (or similar), as that greatly changes the appearance. Having a short/long neck, or high/low forehead will have a similar visual impact (not that you do much about that).

Head size obviously has a big effect on how big the helmet looks, so a 55cm helmet will look a lot smaller than a 63cm. You also need to check where you are in the adjustment range. If you are 58cm, and are wearing a 58-62cm helmet, you will be carrying a lot of extra bulk. If you have the option to try a cycle helmet from the same manufacturer, that may give you a useful guide as to fit, as I have found the shape to be consistent within the brand. I definitely have Giro shaped head, and every Giro helmet I have tried in my size has fitted.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will get both low profile, and a lot of vents in one helmet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy