Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toko Irox liquid hot wax

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
. . .anyone with experience of this product . . .?

Want to build up bases but don't have iron/hot wax kit (yet) and am looking for a more durable finish than the basic express/zardoz type applications provide . . .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
. . .o well . . looks like I'm the guinea pig then! Gonna order some anyway . . . Confused snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Belch, You still have to iron it, its just in a spray can

It states you can cork it etc, but iron on will work the best

http://www.toko.ch/en/usage/application-guide/wax-easy/irox-liquid-hotwax
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Appreciate that this may be a bit late in the day, but it sounds expensive for what it is. There are a lot of waxes out there, and you don't necessarily need a fluorinated one.

However, if you've done the deed then just be careful when you're ironing it because (in my admittedly limited experience) 150°C is pretty hot.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Zorrac, @mozwold,

There's two types, fluro and non - I'll be going for the non fluro version . . .looking at the Toko official youtube vids (which do contradict the website slightly) the beauty of this stuff is you can apply it without an iron and just polish/cork in and then brush out.

Def an expensive way of treating bases but don't currently have all the ironing kit etc and it looked like a good (and relatively stress / mess free) way of keeping my bases in good shape without the hassle. Already have the express stuff, and whilst it provides superficial satisfaction I know the effects probably last no longer than the time it takes me to down a pint . . .

Are there any better options?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Belch, If you have the endurance, just use ordinary wax and cork it in, what i used to do before I had an iron. Used to use Toko universal or yellow as it was easier to cork.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy