Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Misaligned bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a pair of Blizzard Brahma skis and Marker bindings but to my horror on close inspection one of the bindings has been mounted off to one side!
It's not by a mile but you can see it when eyeing it up. From my measurement it seems to be about 2mm difference side to side, enough for the brake to rub on one side and it be noticeable when looking from above.
The toe piece seems to be slightly worse than the rear so maybe the jig was rotated slightly when they drilled it.

I have tried to raise this with the company that supplied the skis but so far they have been extremely unhelpful, not returning my calls or responding to my emails.

I guess I'm looking for advice really?
How bad is this in terms of the performance of the ski?
Should I demand a refund as I am pretty cure they can't do a whole lot about it other than a replacement ski? (The length of ski I have is now out of stock too)

Any advice would be much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Send them back and demand full refund. You will notice it when skiing.
Plus remounting them will be a compromise (new holes with overlap or you will have to move binding fore / aft).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@matprice, Hi and welcome to snowheads.
Great choice of ski btw, pity the bindings are an issue.

Was your purchase from a UK based company?
Did you use a credit card to pay for your purchase?

Why not name-and-shame? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was afraid someone would say they're no good Sad

It wasn't a UK based company (Ekosport) but they do have a UK store front and (some form of) UK after sales.
And yes I used my credit card thank god!

The problem is even if they do agree to provide new skis they don't seem to have any 166 length left in stock. For that matter most places don't at the moment.
I got them for my trip to La Plagne over new year so looks like I'll be without skis Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@matprice, Ekosport have a base near Albertville which is on the road up to La Plagne. Might be an option to call in should any suitable replacements be available
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@matprice, not good work, but so definitely try and get them fixed but ... I am not so sure you really will notice it.

My last ski boots were Nordicas which had a built in angular displacement (slightly toe-in). About maybe 2mm heel and toe.

I'm very sensitive to skis but really couldn't say it made an enormous difference...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My brother mounted some bindings on skis for me when I was a teenager. It wasn't perfect and on one of the skis the toe piece wasn't straight. It was very noticeable if I had the skis on the "wrong" feet. When the toe piece was angled inwards they were fine to ski, but if I had the ski on the other foot so that the toe piece was angled outwards they were horrible to ski. I got used to paying attention to which ski was which and didn't worry about it.
I wouldn't be impressed if I'd paid someone to do it and they'd done it wrong though. I'd be looking to get them fixed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://sigb.org.uk/why-buy-from-sigb-members

Always a risk when buying from online stores in Europe.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's quite annoying that Ekosport aren't overly clear that they are 100% based in France. There website is .co.uk and they also have UK customer service.

As it happens I knew full well they were based in France but somewhat naively thought that wouldn't be a problem Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@matprice, send em back for a full refund and buys these http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121872&highlight= already to go for la plagne Blush
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As anyone has said ever so rightly........... Send 'em back. Get a full refund and no more transactions with these folk. I'd point out their already suffered PR consequence as per this website. Hola!

Question? Did you have to buy through the mail? If not, why? Maybe you had no choice, if so, it stands. But whenever possible, no substitute, buy local. I always inspect equipment thoroughly before I buy and I buy local. Skis, while better in CQ these days from ten - twenty plus years ago are cranked out at light speed from factories and Blizzard have forever been on the low end of the CQ totem pole.

Put your spurs on, get out your machete and do what needs to be done.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

buy local

As you say, it isn't always practical. I usually have to take time off work to get my boots done. That is not a runner for everyone.

As others have said, if they don't respond to email then involve the credit card company and return them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the advice guys!

I had quite a stressful day trying to get someone at Ekosport to respond to my return request which I did on Monday!
After multiple phone calls, tweets and emails I finally got some form of response after threatening to get my credit card company involved.
I still haven't had anything official yet and my return request remains in the first stage of "open" where it's been since Monday so I'm still pretty concerned.

I have certainly learnt my lesson about not buying local anyway. I did try somewhere local(ish) but unfortunately they couldn't get anywhere near the same price as online.
Guess I found out the hard way and won't make the same mistake if theres a next time!

If I don't have any joy tomorrow I'll give the card company a call Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well the return still hasn't been processed by Ekosport so I've opened a dispute with my card company Crying or Very sad

Kind of stating the obvious but if anyone is thinking of buying anything from Ekosport, think twice!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have bought skis from Ekosport twice and had no issues whatsoever. Ordered on a Sunday. Ordered processed and bindings fitted on the Monday and the skis in my hands on the Wednesday. I have spoken to their UK office who are based near Cambridge.

Your CC company should sort this out and provide you with a full refund.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy