Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Guardian/Atomic Tracker Boot length vs Sizing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alright chaps,

I'm after some guardians/trackers and the smaller of the 2 sizes which are rated up to 320 mm boot sole length are going reasonably cheap compared to the large size online.

My boots are 320mm long....

Has anyone fitted a set close to the limit on boot length? I assume if they are rated to take a 320mm boot then they should be fine and built with a little room for manoeuvre but not having fitted a set I don't know!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

George.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
personally would prefer a few millimetres to play with tensions and pre release, and for wear and tear.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In theory they should be fine! However do you have any chance to try them in a small binding? Or maybe pm Spyderjon, sure he'll know Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Small: 260-320mm
Large: 305-360mm

You'll be ok with a Salomon 320mm boot in the small size but maybe not with other brands.

And I'd recommend getting a couple of spare toe piece base plates for when they break.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do they only break when touring Jon, or under normal use too?
I know the first gen axle used to back out as Jamie found out at the EoSB this year!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a Tecnica Cochise so not a Salomon boot going in there, I guess I'd better hold out and get the Large size then. Sad

Do they base plates break on the regular spyderjon or just with extended use? I'm UK based so won't be skiing full seasons on them and mainly wanted to make my Rocker 2 108s into a do it all ski with a touring binding so they won't be constantly toured in either.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@grandmasterorge, I know of breakages in every circumstances, ie heavy use, light use, lots of skinning, boogerall skinning - seems to be a bit of a lottery as I've also know plenty that have had serious use/abuse without issue. Ive a mate in the trade in the US who reckons that the WTR Guardian might come off the Indemnified List next season - which if true says something.

Marker F12 Tour (EPF or std width) are better option IMO.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would you use the Marker over the Guardian for day in, day out resort skiing as well spyderjon? Touring is on the agenda but in reality I'm aware it will be lower down at least initially, I just want a single ski to cover all bases.

Cheers for the advice.

George.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
grandmasterorge wrote:
Would you use the Marker over the Guardian for day in, day out resort skiing as well spyderjon?....

Yep
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy