Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reberty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

planning to go out in March, looking at a few places and saw Powder & Shine based in Reberty, but bit worried that the village is out on its own with nothing to do of an evening - are there restaurants and bars in the area?

Is it easy for a novice to ski in and out of (we are bringing a friend with us)

and what time is the last lift back?

thanks in advance for your help on this one snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I worked a season there 10 (yikes Shocked !) years ago. I've been back to the Belleville Valley many times since, though we now stay in St Martin.
One of the best restaurants/bars in the area is on the doorstep at Reberty-La Ferme. I think since I worked there there has been a bit more development, including the Hotel Kaya and the Igloo Pizza restaurant (which was more of a takeaway when I was there).
It takes about 15 mins to walk down to Les Menuires proper, but there are also some good bars and restaurants about 5 mins walk downhill towards the Bruyeres area. There is also a regular bus service up and down to Les Menuires. As to ski in ski out, it's pretty well set up for novices, though the slopes maybe not a gentle as some resorts. Is your novice friend an absolute beginner?
No idea about last lift times, but at that time of year, the last lifts are about 4.30-4.45.
I hear good things about Powder & Shine too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sack the Juggler, I like Reberty and have done 3-4 weeks there as a punter. As @Perty says, the Ferme is a great restaurant/bar. Just be aware that LM/Reberty really catches the sun so if it's late March there will be a lot of slush that might intimidate your novice friend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reberty is in my view a good choice, I have an apartment there so so I would say that.

The bus service mentioned above is every 20 minutes until 8pm and then every 40 minutes until 11.40 giving you easy access to the main resort area and its many restaurants. We normally walk down and bus back. There are several restaurants locally between Reberty 1850 and Rebery 2000 as well as Les Bruyeres.

There are relatively easy runs to ski lifts including Boyes piste towards Les Bruyeres or depending on your apartments precise location the new Montagnette piste towards Les Menuires lifts.

The last lifts back in March last year were at 17.20 either Doron or Menuires chairlifts,

It's a nice village away from the main centre but you have easy access to the centre if you want and good ski access to the rest of the 3V.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers everyone, that is great information, especially @Raceplate's point about the slope facing the sun. We are thinking of heading out mid March, so hopefully we should still be ok.

I'm so glad its only a 15 minute walk if we head into Les Menuires, I had visions of it being a mini Zermatt / Cervinia situation where once the lift was closed you were virtually stuck in that area.

My friend is a real novice, she went skiing with us in La Plagne this year and found it hard going, but she had private lessons everyday and we all did a red run at the end of the week (her with her instructor) and we were all so proud of her, but she is a bit nervous on the slopes, although she still goes for it.

Talking of which there are two ski schools there, and two ski hire shops, is there one to avoid?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 10-12-15 19:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can recommend "Skischool"-they are geared up to the English speaking market. 10 years ago Marcel was working for ESF exclusively in Reberty. He is charming...your novice friend may enjoy a couple of lessons with him.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for the advice above about Reberty and Skischool. I've also had good lessons from the ESF in Les Bruyeres but my wife was less lucky, so a bit variable there I think. Just be aware that the blue piste Boyes can get busy first thing in the morning with people heading to Les Bruyeres, especially where it narrows just below Reberty. If it's freeze-thaw conditions, it can be icy too, so not a great combination for a nervous novice, especially first day on the way down to the lifts. There's a green "family zone" off to the left that avoids most of this, if you keep your eyes open (it's easy to miss from Reberty).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Powder n Shine are great, we had a week with them in April this year. Food and drink in the chalet is so good I doubt you'll want to go out much, but the Chamois chalet backs on to the excellent Ferme de Reberty restaurant/bar which is great for a beer in the sunshine after your last run of the day. The chalets are alongside a blue piste and there is a ski school directly opposite the point where you join the piste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy