Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Police Raise Security Alert Level in Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Breaking news on the BBC:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35058958
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've heard they are looking for anyone carrying snowboard bags
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I've heard they are looking for anyone carrying snowboard bags

Mine is dakine roller camouflaged thing so they won't be able to see it.

Anyone heard what this actually means? I presume a wait at the border as extra checks are carried out?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My board bag is bright red, but contains skis, so the Swiss are bound to wave me straight through
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unlikely @joydivision, more interested in where in Geneva they are.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Unlikely @joydivision, more interested in where in Geneva they are.

+1. They're probably focussing on the UN.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Relax! I just came from there and no big changes, just make sure you have your passport and boarding pass. There is even a sign at the airport saying 'Loose your Passport'
Loose your Holiday' or something like that!

As for around the city. Plenty of ID checks and stops of cars at random points, but as long as your papers are OK you should have no problems. Just do not get road rage when sitting in the queues. It's holiday time!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowcrazy, note that was put up by the British Foreign Office -clearly we`re topping the leaderboard for all the right reasons....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Nadenoodlee, what a surprise, not! The Brits do like getting everyone worried. The sign about the passports did make me laugh when arriving at Geneva airport just before the passport control area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowcrazy, We live in the Alps and due to a delay in getting Mr N`s replacement passport back he had to apply for an emergency one at an Embassy - nearest/ most accessible - Paris....... Oh well at least there is a direct train.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I live in Geneva and just came back from first ski day of the season at Avoriaz. Bit more police presence than usual on the French roads, motorway border normal. In fact ever since the Paris attacks the border crossings have been a bit slow, nothing to worry about really. But drivers continue to overtake at high speed on blind bends on twisty mountain roads ... had a classic example of that today, a panel van no less. So my assessment is the biggest risk on any ski trip remains a MVA en route to the resort!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Breaking news, security alert raised from"Moribund" to "Somnolent"

Let's be (sort of) careful out there folks (if we can be bothered to think about it)...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The partner of a friend here was staying in a hotel in Geneva, Thursday night I think. She sent him a photo from the window of scores of police or army trucks parked outside, she felt safe Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wonder if this is affecting the flights- lots of delays today
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Nadenoodlee, online board doesn't look abnormal?
ski holidays
Le Dauphiné were reporting the arrest of 2 Syrians with explosives in a car on the road out towards Thonon yesterday, so a little bit of action going on...
snow report
@offpisteskiing, with "traces" of explosives. Given how freely they sell explosives in the trade builders merchants, I'd expect most artisans cars in Chamonix (f'r instance) would have traces of exlosives.

Without suggesting that there is not a real threat, a chum calls it "terracism" ...
snow conditions
under a new name, Maybe they had been working on a farm with nitrate fertilizer.
latest report
@under a new name, can't say I've ever noticed the semtex section in Mr Bricolage! Very Happy
snow report
@offpisteskiing, I believe Big Mat trade counter is the supplier of choice.
ski holidays
@under a new name, should one undergo a valmorification first?:

http://youtube.com/v/9OwFeYlY9GU

Or will rocking up in a beaten up old van which may* have passed its CT sometime in the last decade do the job?

(* or may not)
snow conditions
Our pilot was clearly a lying Fitzwilliam @under a new name, he said there were many delays leaving Geneva
snow report
My flight was perfectly on time leaving GVA on Friday evening......which is unusual in itself
latest report
Quote:

Our pilot was clearly a lying Fitzwilliam @under a new name, he said there were many delays leaving Geneva

@Nadenoodlee, We flew out on Thursday night and although we left pretty much on time, the pilot told us there were issues with French airspace and we had to take a longer route. We had the same issue flying back last night for apparently the same reasons. It added around 20 minutes to the flight time and we also left around 20 minutes late. I haven;t seen anything is the news with regards to strikes etc, so not sure what the problem was.
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
Relax! I just came from there and no big changes, just make sure you have your passport and boarding pass. There is even a sign at the airport saying 'Loose your Passport'
Loose your Holiday' or something like that!

As for around the city. Plenty of ID checks and stops of cars at random points, but as long as your papers are OK you should have no problems. Just do not get road rage when sitting in the queues. It's holiday time!

I hope it said Lose rather than Loose; the thought of passports running loose is a touch surreal.... Very Happy
snow report
He said that as well and I thought it was weird as we hadn't heard anything either @joydivision, we went via Dutch airspace
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, don't you normally pass over Paris (which is when the usual in flight how we are getting on announcement goes out)?
snow report
Yep @under a new name, normally get a lovely view Olof sat on the LHS and flying on Swiss.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flew to Geneva today. No police, no delays, lethal bar nuts! Tooth filling fell out rolling eyes . Hope my dentist is working next week.
snow conditions
joydivision wrote:
Quote:

@Nadenoodlee, We flew out on Thursday night and although we left pretty much on time, the pilot told us there were issues with French airspace and we had to take a longer route. We had the same issue flying back last night for apparently the same reasons. It added around 20 minutes to the flight time and we also left around 20 minutes late. I haven;t seen anything is the news with regards to strikes etc, so not sure what the problem was.

RAF that short of planes they need to use civilian aircraft for airstrikes in Syria, no wonder we are not hearing anything about strikes Shocked wink NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy