Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help please...Geneva to La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are travelling to La Plagne on 20th Dec but unfortunately our son cannot get the flight with us due to uni commitments and has to travel out on the Monday 21st flying into Geneva, i was wondering if there is any other transfer apart from Alpibus or Altbus (€85).Does anyone know of anyone driving that route at all he can get a lift (not looking for a free one, willing to pay)

Thanks in advance

Mike
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He can get the train to Bourg, however with gear and having numerous stops it'll be a bit of a nightmare, all for saving a bit of cash. Then from Bourg to la Plagne is unlikely to be cheap either, so the bus is probably best!

Check Facebook groups - La Plagne Seasonairres or 'What's on in the Tarentaise Valley' and post to see if he can hitch hike!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a while since I did that train, but we alighted at Aime for La Plagne. And there was some kind of local bus up, which was very cheap. But that was an unconscionable length of time ago. Embarassed

If he doesn't have too much clobber and looks like a skier he could probably hitch up to resort from there. Last winter on one early drive from Bourg up to Courchevel I had pulled three rather hunky ski instructors before I got there. Your lift might not be going to the right part of La Plagne, of course.

On the whole, though, I'd go for the bus - and book a seat though it probably won't be too busy on Monday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Other option is private transfer but you'll be look at £250 give or take..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
haigie wrote:
He can get the train to Bourg, however with gear and having numerous stops it'll be a bit of a nightmare, all for saving a bit of cash. Then from Bourg to la Plagne is unlikely to be cheap either, so the bus is probably best!

Check Facebook groups - La Plagne Seasonairres or 'What's on in the Tarentaise Valley' and post to see if he can hitch hike!

There's an even more relevant one called tarentaise transfers which is all about ride sharing to/from GVA. And yes it's aime you would want to stop in for la plague proper, Landry for montchavin / les coches
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Www.rome2rio.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Uni much have changed a lot - delay ski trip for Uni, never in my day - my bet is your son is not studying for a degree ending in ology, ie archaeology or sociology!

Best bet on a Monday is the bus, as you've identified. Takes a little bit longer - cost a lot less and will arrive in time for tea.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

la plague proper

That's the best autocorrect I've ever seen. That's how I'm referring to La Plagne from now on! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stevomcd, Happy

As previous posters have mentioned the altibus is the best option. Is it just the cost putting him off this? Or is there a problem with timings? Cost wise any sort of shared option will be the same price give or take.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charliee wrote:
Uni must have changed a lot - delay ski trip for Uni, never in my day -

Agreed. Does he have a seriously important exam!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy