Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long weekend to Dolomites: 9- 12 Feb. Want to join me?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone interested in taking advantage of £4.99 Ryanair flights to Treviso for a long weekend skiing in the Dolomites (Sella Ronda: Arabba, Canazei, Corvara etc.)? I've just bought my flights and am looking for ski buddy/ies to join me and share a beer and car hire costs with.

I calculate total cost, inclusive of flights, car hire, cheap hotel (single rooms), lift pass and ski hire, at about £270 for 3.5 days skiing. Cheaper per hour than Xscape or Snowdome!

Early departure from Stansted on 9/2 and late return on 12/2 ensures maximum time on the slopes, for only two days off work!

I`m mid-30s, upper intermediate skier, and enjoy a bit of apres.

Anyone interested?

Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So I'll take that as a 'no' then? Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave Burt, A month too early for me, away en famile for that week. Looking to do something similar mid March......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave Burt, This is the first weekend of Half Term - have you got accomodation yet?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CP, not yet, but have checked availability and there seems to be enough, and at good prices too. I'm only looking at B&Bs, but haven't yet decided in which resort to base myself.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wish wish wish I could do it, but already going for a lot of skiing this season and planning one more weekend with friends...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave Burt, I am really tempted but will have to pick my moment at the weekend to fly it by SWMBO - Problem is for me it is half term and SP ( 10 years old and a better skier than me ) will have the hump with me big time if I slope ( no pun intended ) off for a long weekend on the piste and pasta without him.

Arabba is a great place to base yourself as it is pretty quiet, not expensive, has a couple of bars where you can enjoy a beer or five and you can eat well on good solid Italian fare.

I will PM you if I get anywhere over the weekend.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CP, good luck with Mrs CP! Arabba is currently top of my list - I don't know the area at all but I've heard plenty of good things about the village. Bonus is that I think it's the first reort you get to (apart from Cortina - bit too pricey for a cheap break) driving in from Treviso. Small and quiet is good too - you only need one bar and one restaurant after all!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Burt, You will pass through Canazie on the way up to Arabba IIRC coming from Treviso. It's a fantastic area to ski and/or just be in for ambiance and scenery. I have not been back there for a good few years and it is on the list to revisit soon, it's also time that SP had some serious drag ( poma and T bar ) training Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CP, according to my map you'd approach from the East (Cortina) and hit Arabba first, with Canzei being further West. Looks like you'd hit Canazei first if approaching from Verano / Trento. I'll check on Viamichelin.com!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Viamichelin agrees (although there are potentially numerous approaches).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave Burt, My mistake I am thinking of the times I have flown into Verona and gone up to Arabba from there. Coming in from Cortina look out for the cable car at Lagazoui, this is the one you take to get into the hidden valley on the Falzarego Pass. Also just before there is a small ski area called Cinque Torre which used to be served by 2 one man chairs - this is well worth spending a few hours at; as the scenery from the top is just spectacular.

Another tip that may or may not be relevant these days is to get/buy the local detailed ski map - called Sellaronda e Valli Ladine Carta Sciistica. This used to be essential if you are intending to put some miles under your skiis and visit some of the outpost villages on the Sellaronda. The actual piste map used to be about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP, any luck with Mrs CP yet?! There's potentially a little group up for this trip now - a couple of guys a skied with at Christmas, one of them's brother, and possibly a female boarder from the Neilson 'solo ski' forum.

It's looking very much like Arabba. I've found a Pension that will do B&B for 37 euros / night, which is the cheapest I've found without being more than a short walk from the lifts. There also seem to be some really good value places in Marmalada (Malga Ciapela is the name of the village), which is just over the mountain from Arabba - do you know this village? It might be an option to consider if its links to Arabba and the Sella Ronda aren't too awkward.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I skied based in Canazei last Easter. The skiing around Arraba was great and the hotels and village looked really nice. Marmalada was a bit of a trek (Arraba is easily accessible to lots of other skiing/linked resorts) and there were loads of stones on the descent - I belive it has a reputation for that. If you ahve nice skis of yoru own watch oput for teh stones! It was late in the season when I was there so a lot of the snow was on its way out. Thought that Arraba would be a good place to stay if I went back.

Not sure if it is near the "Hidden Valley". I've heard it's good but don't think I skied it - if I did I was oblivious to it. The skiing around Canaei was good.

I'm off to Italy with a big group on 12 Feb so can't make it but hope to do something similar later in the season.

Have fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy