Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trips from Maria Alm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Maria Alm over new year this year . This will be our third visit And we would like to visit near by resorts .could anyone tell me how far from the railway stations at Zell am see and Leogang the lifts are, and what public transport there is available from each station to the lifts.
Cheers .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus from Maria Alm to Saalfelden, then bus from Saalfelden to Leogang - pretty sure you can get it straight to the lifts in Leogang.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As hammerite says, the bus is your friend. The stations at both Leogang and Zell am See are quite a way from the lifts. At Leogang the bus goes right past both gondolas, free with a lift pass. Similarly there are buses from Saalfelden to Saalbach - Hinterglemm (and from Maria Alm to Saalfelden). I think there are only service buses from Saalfelden to Zell am See, for which you would have to pay a few Euros (and change on to a local ski bus in Zell to reach the lifts, I expect).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Angus og, I've just found the bus timetable for Maria Alm to Saalfelden.

http://www.hochkoenig.at/pdf/en-skibusplan-saalfelden-zubringer.pdf

TBH I wouldn't bother without a car. IMO the bus times just cut out too much of a ski day.
The other areas available are also not part of Ski Amadé but are part of the Salzburger Super Ski Pass.
So if you do decide to venture out then make sure you have the correct pass!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Angus og, Bus timetables are at www.postbus.at - this shows trains as well as buses if the train route is quicker.

From Saalfelden you can get a skibus to the Leogang lifts. Zell is not too bad (40 mins by bus & train via Saalfelden) and then a taxi up to the lifts.

@espri, There is no direct bus between Saalbach and Saalfelden - the journey involves a change at the Maishofen crossroads and there is only one bus every 2 hours on the Maishofen - Saalfelden route.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you really want to explore the travel options then use this one:
https://fahrplan.salzburg-verkehr.at/bin/query.exe/dn?L=vs_svv

This has all modes of transport for Land Salzburg... including buses that are taxis that you pre-book for a bus fare!

I still wouldn't bother though... unless you have wheelz!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Angus og, the only place you will be able to reach without wasting too much skiing time is Leogang to be honest - take a bus to Saalfelden (may be included on your ski pass) then the Postbus to Leogang - to the lifts NOT the centre of the village as the others have said. You will have to pay for the Postbus even if you have the Salzburgerland Super Ski Pass as these buses are not run by the lift companies. You will need to plan your day based on the timing of your return journey as well.

I agree with @flangesax, the best bet is to either pre-book a taxi through the link he gave you, but make sure you book both there and back again. Or you hire a car locally by the day. I take day trips to the Hochkönig quite often from Altenmarkt but I have a car and know my way around the area as I live relatively close by.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Angus og, @Samerberg Sue, There is a free ski bus between Saalfelden and Leogang and it stops at both the Steinbergbahn and Asitzbahn gondolas in Leogang.

See www.leoganger-bergbahnen.at/de/winter/skicircus/skibus

The ski bus doesn't run during the middle of the day - the website states that instead, the Postbus can be used free of charge if you have a lift pass.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@quinton, it will need to be a Super Salzburg Pass though to be able to use that link as the Leogang-Saalbach-Ski-Schaukel is not included in the Sport amadé pass.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Samerberg Sue, those taxis are really bus routes... they are weird! We pre-book one for school every now and then. They are listed as buses but a taxi turns up.

So... it looks like it is possible with a nice early start.
There are some regular morning buses to Saafelden and then you can get from there to Leogang.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@flangesax, I remember you telling me about them last time I was over at your place, definitely weird but good if you can sort it out Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the information.Looks like Leogang is the best bet. I have taken the train from Munich twice before and this year we are flying to Salzburg and getting picked up by hotel shuttle so no car.Always drive to France or hire a car for Italy or Spain but Austria and Switzerland have so many resorts that are accessible by train and it's less hassle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy