Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Candide being candide (new video)

Poster: A snowHead
So Candide has just dropped his new video - also works as a great campaign for what skiing would be like if climate change has its way.

http://youtube.com/v/FMqADdsVmwQ
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How the heck is that done?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well. Clearly there's no need to worry about a lack of snow any more!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And no need to put skis in for a base grind or edge sharpening Laughing

Problem is he is accelerating global warming, why does he need his own personal gas guzzling transport back to the top?
Just get a bike and ride up snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The road gap is just insane
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd want rental skis for that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And here's me worrying about snow reports!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ante upped. Yet again Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So did he actually land in the boot of the car or is that CGI? I'm just stunned if that is real.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm, climate change then into a car, bit of mixed message!
@harrim51, Easy dry grass is slippy! when I was a kid if we had had good dry summers we'd spend the summer hols grass sledging!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
he is so good it is just ridiculous
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I saw that he's using skis from our Faction friends. Good publicity for them. I wonder if they were custom made with titanium edges for extra sparking just like Formula 1 cars.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't try this at home!

@olderscot, Clever editing like the promotional videos for the RWC
http://youtube.com/v/uZuN3avZDw8
Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
olderscot wrote:
So did he actually land in the boot of the car or is that CGI? I'm just stunned if that is real.

quite a lot of cgi and fakery I suspect. Although skiing down grassy hillsides on skis in the summer is nothing new. There were some guys on the Tour de France doing it around 2000 I think.

Congrats to the filmmaker as well as Candide.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 9-12-15 18:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pah, grass is so new skool... try stones.

http://youtube.com/v/7kUsv8tTnR4
snow report
olderscot wrote:

One of those days 2 had a fair amount of CGI in it (like when he jumps off the chairlift "off-ramp" and there are people on the approaching chair) so I would imagine it's CGI.
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
Pah, grass is so new skool... try stones.

http://youtube.com/v/7kUsv8tTnR4

that's like some of the skiing I was doing in ski resorts in Bavaria in the late 1980s Very Happy
snow conditions
And good practice for the next couple of weeks of this season if you follow the nay sayers. Very Happy
latest report
End scene is just a rip off from this from over 7 years ago.

youtube.com/v/g4Rihs996Lw
latest report
AFAIK the only CGI is the landing in the car, the rest is quite dooable. When working for another ski maker I used to do (less gnarly) a fair bit of non snow skiing as durability testing. Grass, Slate and Coal Slag heaps, pine forest, sand etc. Crashing hurts more with no snow + turning is more difficult but you can get a nice (but scary) ride.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy