Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Trousers for a short legged, warm blooded fella

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I am thinking/trying to upgrade my ski trousers for this season but am struggling to find a pair that fit the requirements - all help greatly welcomed. The requirements:

* Excellent breathability (due to my ability to sweat in any weather)
* No insulation (due to my ability to heat up in any weather)
* Short legs (due to my short legs and the PITA it is when hiking/skinning to have the knee articulation around your ankles!)
* Good venting (prefer no mesh, willing to take the risk of additional snow as a cooling agent, rather than not be able to stay cool)

Summary, short back bottom trousers for a short back bottom that can keep me as cold as possible.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, if you are a fella, I guess a starting point is trousers made for women, which will have shorter legs for a given bum size.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dublinfella, I have short legs too (29") and find the Marmot Spire fitting nicely - and fitting the rest of your requirements.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dublinfella, +1 for Marmot Spire pants for 29" leg. They're still a bit long but not ridiculously so. Often to be found 1/2 price on Sportpursuit too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have some great Oakley ones, (can't remember the actual style), fairly short and pretty baggy (if you don't mind that) but have great venting you can literally open up the whole leg if you need. Maybe worth a look.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, will have a look at the spires.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im a 28'' inside leg and bought a pair of small volcom guide pants that will fit the bill , great pant , great features and venting , mammut norwand also a good quality option , especially for touring / ski mountaineering
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dabber, small eh? That's just showing off Wink great will check them out
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's the short leg and large waist that I'm having trouble sourcing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is my issue too and really want a new pair for the season ahead rather than having to turn the bottoms up.

I might need to look into the women's pairs as that's an interesting option.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2nd the idea of womens ski wear as an option. My short back bottom son skis in ladies black ski trousers for that very reason and they are perfect for him
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree about trying ladies trousers. I've used Vallencant trousers for 10 years (only 1 year on the wife!). Could never figure out why manufacturers think as waist size increases you must have longer legs!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well i went to Ellis Brigham in MK yesterday to try a few pairs on. The best i found in terms of length were the Spyder Dare short leg ski pants. Whilst i did like them, found them comfortable etc i don't know if i can justify the near £300 price tag! They were insulated though so wouldn't fit the OP's requirements.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a similar problem OP. Long back. Short legs. Normal waist size. Do quite a lot of phys, so I don't feel the cold much either. Best I could find were a pair of North Face trousers, which I got from Ellis Brigham. They are also tight enough round the waist a) to prevent snow from coming in b) farts from coming out and c) to remind me not to eat too much.

Can't remember the actual model name for them, but they're waterproof and breathable (enough) and I got them at a sale price of maybe £120 last year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone know of any online suppliers for the marmot spires ? My internet searching isn't showing up any relevant results Confused
ski holidays
gad wrote:
Does anyone know of any online suppliers for the marmot spires ? My internet searching isn't showing up any relevant results Confused

For anyone waiting for a response from this thread as well as myself, sports pursuit are showing quite a few in at the moment, But be quick!

Here's a link to their website but you'll have to create a login to search https://www.sportpursuit.com/?st=Natural&ad=Google&campaign=t-Brand$b-Sportpursuit$loc-A$adt-Searchtext$d-DesktopTablet$bt-Cpc$New&utm_term=sportpursuit%20uk&gclid=CP6P-OnF-dECFcud7QodpcoDOw
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy