Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A day's skiing from Annecy (next week). Megeve best option?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Long time no post for me … Blew my cruciate and meniscus in 2014 and haven't skied or boarded since.

Am hoping to get away for a week in March but before then I have decided to give my knee (and mental confidence) a bit of a run out without the stress of a full week's trip.

Obviously I could just go to a snow dome … but that's a bit crap … so have decided on a week in Annecy (food, mulled wine, nice views) with a day trip up to the slopes for a knee/head tester. I was kind of planning on Megeve (seems closest plus I have never been there) and the internet was listing opening weekend as being the 5/6th December .. However, everything I can find seems to be still listing it as closed but with no reason why it was delayed, or until when.

I know there are a few other resorts round there … but they all seem to open the weekend after I leave (I am in Annecy from the 13th to the 18th).

Thoughts/Suggestions/Ideas all gratefully received Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@magic_hat, welcome back. From the Megeve website:

(Sous réserve d'un enneigement suffisant)

Ouverture partielle des pistes de Rochebrune le samedi 5 et dimanche 6 décembre 2015.
Ouverture partielle des pistes du Mont d'Arbois le samedi 12 et dimanche 13 décembre 2015.

Ouverture partielle des pistes de Rochebrune à partir du samedi 12 décembre 2015.

Ouverture générale le samedi 19 décembre 2015.

So, only weekends until 12 Decembre. Check Le Grand Bornand. Phone them, or snowhead loatie would know. But snow cover in the area generally is thin and very mild weather hasn't done it any favours. Maybe not ideal for your first turns on a new knee. Good conditions in the Espace Killy - probably worth a longer drive. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megeve looked pretty green when I drove through it on Saturday. Go to Tignes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@magic_hat, your closest best bet would be La Balme. I'm not sure whether they'll have decided yet if they'll open this weekend but it's part of the La Clusaz area so you could check with the tourist office there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers All Smile

@pam w, Not sure how i missed all that ... i looked on the train this morning, no idea! Thanks

Hadn't really considered Tignes to be honest ... but looking on a map, it's not that much further away - Good call!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with PamW. Were snow coverage not an issue, I go for Le Grand Bornand - Chillon -

But that isn't the world we are living in at this 5 seconds.

Tignes. That's where I'm going. Annecy is lovely though....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Val Thorens is nearer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy